EXCLUSIVE: JioMart will launch mobile phones and electronics on January 26 and soon, everything under the sun in e-commerce
JioMart– will be expanding its portfolio to launch mobile phones and electronics on January 26, a source told Business Insider India.
- Under the pilot phase, JioMart will launch in Navi Mumbai and will soon move to include a lot of other things in e-commerce including pharmacy.
- Just a week ago, JioMart had silently launched as a grocery retail platform.
“Going ahead with the store-driven e-commerce model, JioMart will soon launch a lakh odd stores on its platform, where even if a product is not available on the platform it will tell you where the nearest availability is, all of it is currently under pilot phase,” said the source.
When contacted by Business Insider India, Reliance spokesperson refused to confirm or deny the development.
Under the pilot phase, JioMart will launch in Navi Mumbai and will soon move to include a lot of other things in e-commerce including pharmacy.
Just a week ago, JioMart had silently launched as a grocery retail platform that calls itself ‘desh ki nayi dukaan’. The website says that it is currently available in Navi Mumbai, Thane and Kalyan - suburbs of Mumbai.
Reliance is currently calling for pre-registrations from users with savings of as much as ₹3,000.
JioMart’s debut is a threat to several e-commerce players who have been scaling up their grocery retail operations like – Amazon, Flipkart to startups like BigBasket, Grofers, Swiggy, Dunzo.
For over a year now, rumours of Reliance e-commerce debut had been doing the rounds.
Reliance’s e-commerce venture JioMart makes a silent debut, calls for pre-registrations
Amazon rushes to bring Kishore Biyani’s Future Group online, days after Mukesh Ambani’s JioMart launch
- Passenger on IndiGo's Chennai-Coimbatore flight tests COVID positive; airline 'grounds' crew
- Ahmedabad COVID-19 cases rise by 251 to 10,841; death toll 745
- Amid privacy concerns, Centre makes Aarogya Setu app open source
- Parts of north, southeast Delhi declared COVID containment zones
- MP COVID-19 cases cross 7,000 mark; death toll 305