12.44 lakh new jobs created in October: ESIC payroll data
Gross enrolments of new subscribers with ESIC were 1.49 crore during the entire financial year 2018-19, the National Statistical Office (NSO) said in a report.
It also showed that during the September 2017-October 2019 period, around 3.22 crore new subscribers joined the ESIC scheme.The NSO report is based on the payroll data of new subscribers of various social security schemes run by ESIC, retirement fund body EPFO and the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA).
The report showed that gross new enrolments with ESIC during the September 2017-March 2018 period were 83.35 lakh.A net of 7.39 lakh new enrolments with the Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) were recorded in October, compared with 9.48 lakh in September this year.
In 2018-19, 61.12 lakh new subscribers on a net basis joined the social security schemes run by EPFO. Similarly, the net new enrolments were 15.52 lakh during September 2017-March 2018.The latest data showed that during September 2017-October 2019, around 2.93 crore new subscribers joined the Employees' Provident Fund scheme. The report said that since the number of subscribers are from various sources, there are elements of overlap and the estimates are not additive.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- OPPO A74 smartphone with 5G support and 90Hz display to launch in India soon, to be priced under ₹20,000
- VCs say 10 unicorns in 4 months may seem too small by the end of this year
- Timelapse in Google Earth shows you the slow and scary demise of our only home in 3D
- Bhima Jewellery’s ‘Pure as love’ campaign is trending, and for all the right reasons
- Samsung Galaxy M42 5G to launch in India on April 28 – Specs, expected price and everything we know so far