Dish TV viewers can now ask Alexa what’s airing on television
Dish TVhas launched a skill on Amazon Alexa.
- Viewers can now check schedule and also set reminders through
- They can also check their account balance and status through the voice powered assistant.
AdvertisementDish TV has launched a skill on Amazon Alexa through which viewers can ask Amazon’s Alexa for TV schedule.
"Using voice commands with Alexa to access entertainment and control smart home is like a magical experience. Many customers share that they enjoy the simplicity and ease of getting all kinds of entertainment, from videos, music to games, by just asking Alexa" said Dilip R S, country manager for Alexa skills and voice services, Amazon India.
Using Alexa, viewers can say “Alexa, launch d2h” or “Alexa, open d2h” and subsequently say, “Alexa, ask d2h” followed by their question regarding the TV schedule for the day.
They can also set reminders for shows or check on their account balance through Alexa.
In India, Amazon’s Alexa has been growing the number of partnerships. It also recently launched a multilingual mode where it can speak to users in Hindi.
And looks like it has had its results. During the Great Indian Festival Sale, Amazon said that the Echo Dot was amongst the highest selling products.
Popular on BI
- Towards a Greener Footprint: Prioritising Carbon-Neutrality Makes Good Businesses Sense! Are Indian Firms Making the Transition?
- Netflix confirms an ad supported tier is coming to its streaming service by year end
- Accenture, Cognizant could see revenue growth but a strong US dollar could spoil the party
- Kharif sowing is off to a weak start with extended dry spells and floods
- Best ladder for home use in India