BlackBuck partners with IDFC Bank, Yes Bank to offer free FASTags to truckers
Truck owners can order FASTags on BlackBuck's Boss App, a digital services platform exclusively for truck fleet owners, and it will be delivered at their doorstep free of cost until December 31, 2019, the company said in a statement.
"BlackBuck offers free FASTags to truck owners across India. The FASTags on BlackBuck Boss app are provided in partnership with IDFC Bank and Yes Bank. The initiative is expected to help over 3 million trucks in India become FASTag compliant," it said.
Rajesh Yabaji, co-founder BlackBuck, said, the government's decision to make FASTag mandatory is a significant push towards making digital trucking economy a reality.
With this initiative, the company looks forward to support the government's national electronic tolling agenda, which will reduce tolling times and revolutionise the logistics sector in India, he said.
From December 1, 2019 all lanes of free plazas on national highways will be 'FASTag lanes'.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- The worst for Indian startups is yet to come — be prepared for layoffs, unicorn slowdown and startup shutdowns in 2022
- Kellyanne Conway says her husband was 'cheating by tweeting' his disdain for former President Trump in her new memoir
- A SpaceX flight attendant said Elon Musk exposed himself and propositioned her for sex, documents show. The company paid $250,000 for her silence.
- Zomato, HDFC, HDFC Bank, Paytm and other hot stocks to watch out for on May 23
- Telangana minister wants cess scrapped and fuel prices back to 2014 levels
- Not just India, many countries are protecting their wheat to keep daily bread, affordable
- Chidambaram triggers state vs center revenue debate after govt's excise cut on fuel
- What would happen to Twitter if Elon Musk backs out now?