Buzzy freight-matching startup Forager nabs Chicago serial ad tech entrepreneur as president
Courtesy of Forager
- Freight-matching startup Forager, founded in late 2018, specializes in cross-border freight matching.
- Forager has a new president - Marc Kiven, who cofounded the ad tech company Signal in 2009, joined the company last month.
- Matt Silver, the CEO and cofounder of Forager, says the logistics newbie will bring "tech entrepreneur experience" to the startup.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
View all Offers
- 48% OFF
Pigeon by Stovekraft Amaze Plus Electric Kettle with Stainless Steel Body, 1.5 litres boiler for Water, instant noodles, soup etc.₹ 625₹ 1195Buy On
- 55% OFF
Glun Multipurpose Portable Electronic Digital Weighing Scale Weight Machine (10 Kg - with Back Light)₹ 356₹ 798Buy On
- 36% OFF
Prestige Electric Kettle PKOSS - 1500watts, Steel (1.5Ltr), Black₹ 795₹ 1245Buy On
- 35% OFF
Usha EI 1602 1000-Watt Lightweight Dry Iron (multi-colour)₹ 522₹ 800Buy On
- 67% OFF
VR 18 Pcs - 3 Different Size Plastic Food Snack Bag Pouch Clip Sealer Large, Medium, Small Plastic Snack Seal Sealing Bag Clips Vacuum Sealer (Set of 18, Multi-Color) (Multicolor)₹ 99₹ 299Buy On
Now, the Chicago-based Forager has a new techie leading its team: Marc Kiven, most recently the cofounder and CEO of ad tech company Signal in 2009. Meeting the team at Forager this year while exploring advisory and board membership roles sparked his interest in the world of logistics."I was really very intrigued by what they were doing and what was going on in the logistics space," Kiven, who was in the ad tech space beginning in 1998, told Business Insider. "It quite honestly reminded me of the digital advertising space 20 years ago - a huge fragmented industry ripe for the implementation of advanced and sophisticated technologies."
Courtesy of Marc Kiven
Hiring Kiven to Forager, despite his lack of logistics experience, solidifies the startup as a tech company, rather than just another brokerage, CEO and cofounder Matt Silver said.
"I think it provides the exact perfect balance between the tribal knowledge and a tech entrepreneur executive experience that Mark has really made an insanely strong leadership team as we assessed the vision for the next five years."
Read more about Silver's vision for Forager here.
- Weekend watch list for OTT — Fahadh Faasil’s Malik to Farhan Akhtar’s Toofan and more
- Reliance Retail surprises all by more than doubling its net profit in the last three months
- Reliance Jio adds 42 million subscribers but the average revenue is pretty much the same
- YES Bank’s net profit grows four fold as provision for bad loans shrink
- Amazon Prime Day 2021: Best deals and offers on headphones