COVID-19: Force Motors deploys 80 mobile dispensaries in Maharashtra cities for medical check-ups
The mobile medical care facility, 'Doctor Aplya Daari', launched early this month in association with a non-governmental organisation (NGO), which is also fully-equipped to identify coronavirus symptoms, has till Sunday checked over 1.11 lakh persons, the company said in a release.
The medicines are prescribed and given out for free, it said adding that these mobile units can check 2,500 people per day and can examine the symptoms of around 500 patients in a day.
Doctors in the vans monitor patients for cold and flu conditions and also inform them about preventive measures to be taken to prevent the coronavirus spread.
This initiative was started on April 1 with 30 mobile dispensary vans completely equipped with doctors, support staff and medicines moving to various economically weaker localities in Pune and Pune-Chinchwad Municipal Corporation regions as per a pre-intimated schedule. The team of medical staff with these vans are fully equipped to identify COVID-19 symptoms and direct suspect cases to the designated hospitals, it said adding that over 1,11,679 residents have been checked and more than 1,070 suspected COVID-19 patients were transferred to government hospitals in the last 26 days, the company said.
"As Maharashtra has become a hotspot in the country, it has created huge pressure on doctors and medical staff. We are proud to be associated with this noble initiative," said Force Motors Managing Director Prasan Firodia.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- With Rupay Credit Card on UPI, mobile payments pioneer Paytm deepens its leadership in UPI
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- 10 Must-Do activities on your next Darjeeling Trip
- Govt received ₹1,70,501 crore in April as revenue
- Shubman Gill, Sunil Narine, Virat Kohli & more: IPL man of the series winners since 2008
- Five personal finance deadlines you can’t afford to miss in June
- List of famous things to buy in Darjeeling