'Driver Seva Mobile App' launched to help stranded drivers on account of lockdown
The app has been supported by Bharat Petroleum Corp Ltd (BPCL) and All India Motor Transport Congress (AIMTC), an apex body of transporters that has been raising the issue of stranded drivers.
"Locus, a global B2B SaaS company that automates human decisions in supply chain, has initiated the 'Driver Seva Mobile App' project along with Highway Delite, a travel app startup, to do its bit in easing the situation for the truck drivers who are stuck on highways due to the lockdown," the company said in a statement.
It said the project is supported by the Bharat Petroleum Corp Ltd, in association with the AIMTC.
The country-wide lockdown in India has had an impact across industries, but at the heart of it all is logistics and supply chain, it said adding drivers, who are the lifeline of this industry, have been deeply affected right now.
A sizable population of drivers have nowhere to go to and not many resources to survive with, the statement said.
This app aims to help drivers in the current lockdown with information regarding food, water, and safe parking near their location, across the country, it said.
"Highway Delite has added more than 400 BPCL Pumps (140 BPCL Company owned pumps), 6 APML Hubs, and 30+ dhabas. The Highway Delite team is working to increase this count to 1000+ within 4 days by listing more pumps and dhabas, where food facilities will be available to drivers," said Rajesh Kumar G, Founder, Highway Delite.
"We heard from a lot of clients about their drivers being stranded on highways with nowhere to go and bleak availability of essentials like water and food. We immediately got into the act and reached out to Highway Delite to set this up. Once again, I am glad that technology is acting as an enabler in these uncertain times. We all need to come together and help each other out in the present situation," said Nishith Rastogi, CEO and Co-founder, Locus.The statement said the petrol pump owner and dhaba owner can also update the availability of food and water on a real-time basis by logging into the same application. NAM MKJ
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- PM Modi shares image of tailor on the street using Paytm, calls it a common sight across India
- Adani Enterprises’ ₹20,000 crore FPO fully subscribed on the last day
- I was working toward a promotion at Amazon when my manager started emailing me about needing coaching. Now I'm worried about losing my job.
- All major automakers except Bajaj Auto expected to register growth in January say brokerages
- India's core sector output rises by 7.4 per cent in December
- Indian start-ups are looking at reverse flipping says Economic Survey
- This cheesecake startup refused to give up a slice of its company for a lower valuation on Shark Tank India
- SC suggest Nirav Modi's bro-in-law to give letter of authority to CBI to access offshore bank accounts