EPACK Durable raises $40 mn in second round of funding led by Affirma Capital
- EPACK Durable is an outsourced design manufacturer of room air conditioners.
- The company proposes to invest over $40 million in brownfield and greenfield expansion.
- It aims to increase its capacity to 3.6 million RAC units by next year.
AdvertisementEPACK Durable (
EDPL is an outsourced design manufacturer for room air conditioners or RACs in
The company has an installed capacity to produce over 2.4 million RACs and 2 million SHAs per annum. The infusion of fresh equity capital will help EDPL drive capacity expansion; and will also help focus on backward integration for multiple components.
“We are very glad to partner with Affirma Capital, which brings onboard significant capabilities to help us build a much stronger business,” Ajay Singhania, MD & CEO of EDPL, said.
The RAC penetration in India is among the lowest in the world at 7-8% of households,
“Over the last two decades, EDPL has been building manufacturing capabilities to manufacture room air conditioners and small home appliances. We have built strong business relationships with all key brands,” Bothra said.
EPDL is setting up a greenfield manufacturing facility in Sri City, Andhra Pradesh, which is expected to be commissioned next year.
“India has been a core investment destination for us for over 20 years where we have backed leading mid-market enterprises to become national and regional champions. As penetration levels of air conditioners and small home appliances increase, and the industry gets more organized,”
The company has also announced its plan for brownfield expansion of its facility at Bhiwadi,
SEE ALSO: India's energy transition: Spike in solar, decline in coal
Delhi has the most accidents, Bangalore the least – Read more about the accident-prone areas in India’s major metros
AdvertisementBangalore shows the maximum intent to hire among Indian cities – TeamLease survey
Popular on BI
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- This frequent flyer who's been 'skiplagging' for a decade says she has 'no remorse and no angst'
- Personal trainer Kelsey Wells' protein-packed go-to smoothie is a 'meal in a cup' that tastes like cookie batter
- These are must to do activities in Shimla on your next visit
- ONGC to invest ₹1 lakh cr in energy transition, targets net-zero by 2038
- List of famous things to buy in Shimla
- With Rupay Credit Card on UPI, mobile payments pioneer Paytm deepens its leadership in UPI
- Screen-sharing and usernames on WhatsApp soon: All you need to know