EPACK Durable raises $40 mn in second round of funding led by Affirma Capital
- EPACK Durable is an outsourced design manufacturer of room air conditioners.
- The company proposes to invest over $40 million in brownfield and greenfield expansion.
- It aims to increase its capacity to 3.6 million RAC units by next year.
AdvertisementEPACK Durable (
EDPL is an outsourced design manufacturer for room air conditioners or RACs in
The company has an installed capacity to produce over 2.4 million RACs and 2 million SHAs per annum. The infusion of fresh equity capital will help EDPL drive capacity expansion; and will also help focus on backward integration for multiple components.
“We are very glad to partner with Affirma Capital, which brings onboard significant capabilities to help us build a much stronger business,” Ajay Singhania, MD & CEO of EDPL, said.
The RAC penetration in India is among the lowest in the world at 7-8% of households,
“Over the last two decades, EDPL has been building manufacturing capabilities to manufacture room air conditioners and small home appliances. We have built strong business relationships with all key brands,” Bothra said.
EPDL is setting up a greenfield manufacturing facility in Sri City, Andhra Pradesh, which is expected to be commissioned next year.
“India has been a core investment destination for us for over 20 years where we have backed leading mid-market enterprises to become national and regional champions. As penetration levels of air conditioners and small home appliances increase, and the industry gets more organized,”
The company has also announced its plan for brownfield expansion of its facility at Bhiwadi,
SEE ALSO: India's energy transition: Spike in solar, decline in coal
Delhi has the most accidents, Bangalore the least – Read more about the accident-prone areas in India’s major metros
AdvertisementBangalore shows the maximum intent to hire among Indian cities – TeamLease survey
Popular on BI
- Rupee gains 10 paise to close at 82.28 against US dollar
- Sensex, Nifty50 log declines to close the week in red – IT, PSU banks and energy stocks drag
- Over 1.83 lakh Indians renounced their citizenship till October says external affairs ministry
- BharatPe files arbitration to claw back co-founder Ashneer Grover's unvested 1.4% shares
- Two Adani Group companies rule as the top all-round wealth creators – here are a few other unexpected entries