HUL becomes third most valued firm by market capitalisation as shares jump
The company's scrip climbed 8.34 per cent to close at Rs 2,028.75 on the BSE. During the trade, it advanced 10.66 per cent to Rs 2,072.30.
The FMCG major's market valuation rose by Rs 33,817.07 crore to Rs 4,39,188.07 crore, helping it take the third rank in the list of top companies by market capitalisation (m-cap).
On Monday, HUL informed the BSE that it has signed an agreement with Glenmark Pharmaceuticals to acquire its intimate hygiene brand 'VWash'.
HUL was followed by HDFC Bank at fourth rank in the list, with a valuation of Rs 4,19,718.16 crore.
TCS is the country's most valued firm, with a market valuation of Rs 6,38,974.83 crore, followed by RIL whose valuation stood at Rs 5,97,856.32 crore at the close of trade.The m-cap figure of companies changes daily with the movement in their stock prices. SUM RVK
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- DBS Bank’s custom financing leads the way for companies trying to reach net-zero goals
- Google to open its new office in Pune this year, will hire cloud technology experts
- The world's 5 richest tech tycoons — including Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, and Bill Gates — have already lost about $85 billion this year amid a brutal market sell-off
- Coimbatore turns Tamil Nadu's COVID-19 hotspot as the positivity rate surges to 26%
- Darwinbox, which helps Adani Group with its HR needs, is the third unicorn of 2022
- Researchers have developed a cheaper COVID-19 test that claims to deliver results in less than 20 minutes
- Bitcoin recovers with equity markets, but altcoins are still struggling to find a bottom
- Emily in Paris: Things that the series got right and wrong about working in advertising