Indians will rather attend sporting event than vacationing with family: Survey
In 2020 there are 12 European cities hosting UEFA EURO 2020, Australia will play home to the ICC T20 World Cups, while Japan will put on a major international sporting spectacle.
The survey, conducted by Booking.com, revealed that 80 per cent of Indian sports fans would rather travel to watch their team live in 2020 than go on a family vacation.
The study was commissioned by Booking.com and independently conducted among 19,392 sports fans from 18 years or above in over 29 markets, including India, Australia, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Japan, China, Brazil, Indonesia, the US, the UK, Colombia and Russia among others.
The survey also said that when it comes to priorities in life, planning and booking sports trip is high on the list with 67 per cent of Indian sport fans saving money specially to travel to watch their team or favourite athlete play.
Over 77 per cent were of the view that they are willing to spend less on their partner's or child's birthday presents than on travelling to a major sporting event, it added.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Family stands to lose nearly $6,000 in airfare and hotel costs after they were bumped from an overbooked cruise ship
- A Trump spokeswoman mocked Pete Buttigieg's military service in a Memorial Day weekend spat with Ron DeSantis
- Flyers are 'skiplagging' to try and save money on flight tickets. Airlines hate it.
- With inflation cooling, RBI may slash interest rates by 50 bps this financial year
- ULIPs are not for senior citizens: Here’s how to choose the right investments to secure the golden years of your life
- Ambati Rayudu announces retirement from IPL
- Data protection bill to drive deep behavioural changes for platforms exploiting data: Chandrasekhar
- MS Dhoni set to play 250th IPL match of his career