India's manufacturing sector grows by 13% in June, according to NSO data
The mining output climbed 23.1 per cent and power generation increased by 8.3 per cent in June.
The IIP had contracted 16.6 per cent in June 2020.
During April-June this year, the IIP grew by 45 per cent against a contraction of 35.6 per cent in the same quarter last year.
Industrial production has been hit due to the coronavirus pandemic since March last year when it had contracted 18.7 per cent.
It shrank 57.3 per cent in April 2020 due to a decline in economic activities in the wake of the lockdown to curb the spread of coronavirus infections.
VIP Industries wakes up from a long slumber to reach an 18-month high
Simple One electric scooter pre-bookings begin August 15 – check out the booking price, battery specs and more
Popular on BI
- ‘Padman of 2022’: Shark Peyush Bansal offers founder of women’s hygiene startup PadCare a blank cheque
- Gautam Adani lost $52 billion in 6 days. That's over 3 times what Sam Bankman-Fried lost in a similar timeframe.
- A 45-year-old biotech CEO may have reduced his biological age by at least 5 years through a rigorous medical program that can cost up to $2 million a year, Bloomberg reported
- Revival of rural economy to take time in the absence of triggers: JM Financial
- Logistics startup FarEye lays off 90 employees, 2nd job cut in 8 months
- Vani Jayaram, the voice behind 10,000 songs, passes away at 78
- Not the first time FPO is taken back, won't affect image of the country: FM
- India's cancer cases will surge to 20 lakh per year by 2026: AIIMS