India's manufacturing sector grows by 13% in June, according to NSO data
The mining output climbed 23.1 per cent and power generation increased by 8.3 per cent in June.
The IIP had contracted 16.6 per cent in June 2020.
During April-June this year, the IIP grew by 45 per cent against a contraction of 35.6 per cent in the same quarter last year.
Industrial production has been hit due to the coronavirus pandemic since March last year when it had contracted 18.7 per cent.
It shrank 57.3 per cent in April 2020 due to a decline in economic activities in the wake of the lockdown to curb the spread of coronavirus infections.
VIP Industries wakes up from a long slumber to reach an 18-month high
Simple One electric scooter pre-bookings begin August 15 – check out the booking price, battery specs and more
Popular on BI
- RBI expected to hold rates for the 5th time in a row, no cuts likely before Q2FY25
- IBM, Meta launch AI Alliance to build open, responsible AI
- Have no fear in saying 'I'm on medication': Karan Johar on his battle with anxiety
- Bajaj Chetak Urbane vs Ola S1 Air – price, range and features compared
- Global crypto market hits $1.5 trillion as panic buying fuels Bitcoin price