JB Pharma acquires four pediatric brands of Dr Reddy’s Labs for ₹98.3 crore
- All the four brands have a combined market size of ₹1800 crore and accounted for as much as ₹33 crore in revenues in FY22.
- The pharma company will take over the manufacturing, marketing and distribution of these brands in India.
- The integration and transition of the brands are expected to be completed in the next two weeks.
The acquisition has been done for a cash consideration of ₹98.3 crore, excluding working capital and taxes. All the four brands have a combined market size of ₹1800 crore and accounted for as much as ₹33 crore in revenues in FY22.
“Overall, the brands acquired have significant growth potential to strengthen our already established presence in the pediatric category, which is synergistic to our current portfolio, speciality depth and geographical presence,” said
Z&D produces zinc supplements used for boosting immunity. Pedicloryl oral solution is used in children in hospitals for idiopathic pain management.
Pecef caters to the bacterial infections as well as respiratory tract infections in children. Ezinapi cream is used as an emollient for diaper rashes in infants.
JB Pharma will take over the manufacturing, marketing and distribution of these brands in India.
“It will also help us significantly leverage our on-the-ground field force strength and widen our offerings in the pediatric basket - comprising gut health and respiratory infection products for healthcare professionals across the country,” said Chopra.
The integration and transition of the brands are expected to be completed in the next two weeks.
“All the four brands have a lion’s share in their respective spaces. We will continue to focus on evaluating opportunities for strengthening our India domestic business,” Chopra added.
According to media reports, the pharma company has been looking out for companies to acquire in the domestic market. It had also acquired brands from Sanzyme — which deals in probiotics and reproductive health for ₹628 crore in January.
Ambani and Adani valuations surge while Tatas, Birlas see major declines in the first half of 2022
Telecom gear firm Parallel Wireless lays off 500 employees including in India
Popular on BI
- Coffee Maker - Best coffee machine for home in India
- Although FII flows have reversed, retail investor confidence remains low thanks to macro concerns
- Brain-dead woman's organs save four lives
- Goa hotels recorded the best occupancies and earned more too says report
- Best tech gifts for your sisters this Rakhi