JSW Steel bags two iron ore mines in Odisha
The company won Narayanposhi iron block with 190 MT reserve on Sunday, according to the industry source.
Others in the fray for this iron ore mine include Arcelormittal Mittal India Pvt Ltd, Vedanta, Tata Steel and JSPL.On Friday, JSW Steel bagged the Nuagaon mine, which is the largest iron ore block in the auction in Odisha. It has a total estimated reserve of around 790 million tonne.
JSW Steel at present has a capacity of 18 million tonnes per annum (MTPA)."Both wins will give Jsw Steel around 22 mtpa of captive iron ore for its plants. Also, it has won 6 category C- Mines in last year in Karnataka which are not fully operational providing another 7-8 mtpa of iron ore," according to an expert.
Securing iron ore linkages in Odisha was also important for JSW Steel as the company is planning a green field steel project of 12 MTPA in the state at an investment amount of over Rs 53,000 crore.After the annulment of three notices inviting tender (NIT) in October 2019 for auction of iron ore and manganese blocks because of conflicts between participating bidders, the Odisha government released an NIT for 20 iron ore and manganese blocks on December 6, 2019. While 15 of the 20 mines to be auctioned predominantly have iron ore, three have both iron ore and manganese, while the remaining are primarily manganese reserves.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Zoom, Dropbox backer Salesforce Ventures makes its first investment in India in HR tech startup Darwinbox, which claims to have grown by 200% during lockdown
- Warburg Pincus-backed Home First Finance Company to launch ₹1,153 crore IPO on January 21
- Agra mayor seeks 12-hour night ban on expressway travel over concerns of accidents due to dense fog
- Zero visibility in parts of Delhi due to very dense fog
- Indian government’s budget dilemma – curb the sale of cigarettes or let the over $12 billion tobacco industry provide the much needed cash