Hyundai rolls out 200 vehicles from Chennai plant on first day of resuming operations
Hyundai Motor Indiaon Saturday said its Chennai-based manufacturingfacility rolled out 200 cars on the first day of resuming production.
- The company re-started manufacturing activities at its plant in Sriperumbudur (near Chennai) on May 8.
- Several industries are resuming operations in a phased manner following an over month-long shutdown due to the
The auto major has commenced production at the facility adhering to 100 per cent compliance of safety and social distancing norms, Hyundai Motor India said in a statement.
In line with the government's objectives of reviving the economy and company's global vision of progress for humanity, the commencement of manufacturing operations is aimed at boosting economic activities and bringing back normalcy, it added.
Several industries are resuming operations in a phased manner following an over month-long shutdown due to the coronavirus lockdown.
HCL Tech follows TCS and Infosys' lead — says 50% of its employees will work from home even after the lockdown is lifted
Popular on BI
- ₹10 lakh crore - that's how much banks wrote off in the last 5 years
- Indian markets will wait for cues from US inflation data
- India issues more pilot licenses as its air traffic increases
- MSME credit demand jumps 60% from pre-pandemic levels – a sign of rebound in economic activity
- Indian diamantaires want to make lab-grown diamonds a woman’s best friend