MSF supports Bihar govt in fight against COVID-19 pandemic
The list of equipment includes N-95 masks, eye/face protection, gloves and high quality body protection. In addition, viral transport mediums used in the testing of COVID-19 patients are being provided, MSF said in a statement.
The total value of the donation is valued at over Rs 1.1 crore, it added.The equipment will be used by medical staff at Nalanda Medical College and Hospital, and other facilities in Bihar to ensure their safety, the MSF said.
In the next few weeks, the MSF will also potentially support the Bihar state health authorities in the direct management of patients through facility decongestion preparedness, he added."Across the world, MSF has witnessed that shortages of personal protective equipment are commonplace, leaving healthcare workers on the frontline exposed. This can severely hamper the ability and capacity of any healthcare system to save lives," the statement said. AKT MKJ
- Here’s a tiny washing machine that cleans your TWS earbuds in two minutes
- 106-year-old woman in Madhya Pradesh gets her first COVID-19 vaccine
- Facebook's ad delivery system shows gender bias, says new study
- Check out the top 10 batsmen with the highest strike rate in all IPL matches
- Petrol pumps closed in Rajasthan as dealers demand rollback of VAT on fuel