Mukesh Ambani invokes ‘Shonar Bangla’ as he expects state to be the logistics hub of the East
Reliancehas pledged substantial investmentsamounting to ₹20,000 crores across strategic sectors in West Bengal.
- A 11.5% GDP growth rate, a substantial surge in tax revenues, and a phenomenal rise in IT exports, has served as testament to Bengal's ascent as an economic powerhouse.
- Ambani exuded confidence in Bengal's potential to outpace the growth rates of established Asian economies.
AdvertisementIn an address delivered at the Bengal Global Business Summit,
The conglomerate head pledged substantial investments amounting to ₹20,000 crores across strategic sectors in the state, with a keen focus on digital solutions, retail expansion, and pioneering bio-energy initiatives. Ambani detailed plans for the deployment of high-speed internet (5G) and smart home solutions, poised to revolutionise rural Bengal, catalyse employment generation, and drive technological advancements.
Reliance Industries has invested close to ₹45,000 crore in the last few years in the state, Ambani said.
Throughout his address, Ambani spoke about Bengal's remarkable strides over recent years.
He poetically likened chief Minister Mamata Banerjee to an "Agni Kanya," symbolising resilience and strength, acknowledging her pivotal role in propelling Bengal's trajectory towards growth and prosperity. Notable indicators, including the 11.5% GDP growth rate, which is much higher than the national average, a substantial surge in tax revenues, and a phenomenal rise in IT exports, has served as testament to Bengal's ascent as an economic powerhouse.
Ambani recognised Bengal's burgeoning status as the
The Reliance chairman portrayed a vivid and promising portrait of Bengal's future, envisioning it as a trillion-dollar economy and a pivotal gateway for India into Southeast and Far-East Asia. He depressed confidence in Bengal's potential to outpace the growth rates of established Asian economies, envisioning a future of prosperity and vitality.
The speech also shed light on Reliance Foundation's philanthropic endeavours, outlining ambitious projects such as the restoration of the historic Kalighat Temple and the patronage extended to Bengal's artisans and weavers. Ambani extended an earnest invitation to potential investors, portraying Bengal as an optimal investment destination teeming with untapped potential and promising opportunities for economic prosperity and growth.
Ambani conveyed heartfelt admiration for Bengal's rich cultural heritage and the abundance of talent within the state. He reiterated his commitment to fostering ample employment opportunities and ardently advocated for Bengal as a prime investment destination, extending a warm invitation to all stakeholders to take part in Bengal's promising journey towards progress and development.
Popular on BI
- Over 60 schools in and around Bengaluru receive bomb threat, students evacuated safely
- TVS Motor Co sales rise 31% to 3,64,231 units in November
- Johnny Depp unknowingly taught Ranveer Singh the craft of acting
- Midcap index rising for last 21 sessions, hitting fresh highs since November 16
- Global smartwatch shipments up 9% in Q3, Fire-Boltt & Huawei hit new highs: Report