Mylab expands production capacity of COVID-19 testing kits to enable 2 lakh tests per day
Until now, Mylab has already manufactured testing kits for conducting 6.5 lakh tests and has supplied them to 140 sites, including labs and hospitals in over 20 states, Mylab said in a statement.
As per the production plan, the company is scaling-up its manufacturing to enable 2 lakh tests per day, it added."It overwhelms me to see our efforts with Mylab in making India self-reliant in combating COVID-19 fructified," Serum Institute of India CEO Adar Poonawalla said.Advertisement
As the production capacity increases from 20,000 tests per day to 2 lakh COVID-19 tests a day, "we will now be able to meet India's growing demand for testing completely," he added.
The company has also received approval from Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) for its RNA extraction kit Maverick to further streamline the RT-PCR testing process, Mylab said."We aim to make India self-reliant with high-quality testing. As we ramp-up our production, our focus on quality is more than ever," Mylab Discovery Solutions MD Hasmukh Rawal said.
In early April, Mylab had said that it has partnered with Adar Poonawalla and Abhijit Pawar to scale up the operations and escalate faster delivery of the COVID-19 testing kits. AKT BAL
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Govt to come up with SOP for shooting films in India in wake of COVID-19 pandemic: Javadekar
- How risky is dining out during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- MP: Shops to be shut for 3 days in case of COVID-19 violations
- Fighting COVID-19, Noida cops step up for plasma donation
- Hand Sanitizer brands boosted their ad volume on TV by 105% during the lockdown: TAM