NABARD credit support of Rs 1,607 cr to WB in COVID-19 time
Besides the bank's normal refinance schemes, this is a special liquidity support measure as the pandemic and the lockdown have severely affected the rural economy, a NABARD official said.
A smooth credit flow will provide support to the farming sector for sustaining agricultural and allied operations during the post-harvest Rabi crops and ongoing Kharif season, he said.The help was provided through state cooperative banks, regional rural banks and micro-finance institutions, he said. Advertisement
Of the total credit flow, Rs 145 crore was given under the Rural Infrastructure and Development Fund (RIDF) to boost infrastructure in the country-side during the pandemic.
The official said that Rs 292 crore was also provided to the West Bengal government for promoting micro-irrigation schemes among the small and marginal farmers, especially in the dry districts of the state.During the current fiscal, the Centre has fixed the agricultural credit target at Rs 15 lakh crore in addition to the expansion of the NABARD refinance schemes. dc NN NN
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Byju’s vantage point – parents want online learning to continue even after schools reopen
- Here's all you need to know about COVID-19 quarantine guidelines for airline passengers in every Indian state
- COVID-19 has changed the face of marketing making it follow the pillars of empathy, trust, and necessity: Ajit Kumar, Saregama
- How to prevent a brand from ageing?
- Heavy rains in Mumbai — IMD issues red alert, government offices declare holiday