Non-NDA parties in LS on crop loss: Centre yet to provide monetary relief to states
Participating in a discussion on "crop loss due to various reasons and its impact on farmers", S S Palanimanickam (DMK) demanded that there should be complete loan waiver for the farmers due to the losses faced by them. He added that fishermen should be treated on par with farmers as they too have been hit by natural calamities.
Kalyan Banerjee (TMC) said the Centre had assured compensation to the West Bengal government after Cyclone Bulbul hit the state this year. However, it has not received about money, he added.Banerjee alleged that the Centre shows promptness in releasing money for Gujarat, a BJP-ruled state.
"First unprecedent floods and then unseasonal rains have hit the farmers very hard. The natural calamity has not spared a single crop. Rice, wheat, bajra, pomegranate, cotton...all have been destroyed, " Raut said, demanding that the Centre gives immediate relief of Rs 40,000 crore.Raut said fishermen too have been hit. The Arabian Sea has witnessed formation of five cyclones in 2019, a development recorded after 127 years.
Bhartuhari Mahtab (BJD) also said his state Odisha is yet to get relief from the Centre as two cyclones -- Foni and Bulbul -- have hit them.He claimed that farmers through purchase of fertilisers, pesticides, tractors and other farming related equipment and accessories pay GST of Rs 15,000 crore. "Farmers are being pauperised," Mahtab said.
Kaulshendra Kumar of JDU, an NDA ally, said the government is aiming to double the income of farmers by 2022, but it will not be possible by giving them Rs 2000. He was referring to the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi. Under the scheme, farmers will get an income of Rs 6000 in a year in three installments.Fifty one members participated in the debate and it remained inconclusive. PR NAB ZMN
- Education, skill, research, innovation second biggest focus of budget after health: PM at webinar on budget provisions for higher education. PTI KR ASK DV DV
- Union Budget has broadened our efforts to link education with employability and entrepreneurial capability:PM Modi at webinar on education. PTI KR ASK DV DV
- India records 14,989 new COVID-19 cases in last 24 hours
- Patient with underlying disease dies after getting AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine in South Korea
- Word-of-mouth has helped us grow in India, our community members are our best marketers: Taru Kapoor, Tinder