Falguni Nayar's net worth is now four times higher than that of Vijay Shekhar Sharma
- The net worth of Falguni Nayar is nearly four times higher than that of Vijay Shekhar Sharma.
- Paytm’s Vijay Shekhar Sharma has gone down 1,000 ranks in the Forbes Billionaires list in the last year.
- Nykaa’s Falguni Nayar is currently the 573rd richest person in the world with a net worth of $4.8 billion.
AdvertisementThe net worth of Falguni Nayar — the founder and chief executive officer (CEO) of Nykaa — is nearly four times higher than that of Paytm’s founder and CEO, Vijay Shekhar Sharma. The shuffle in net worth rankings came only a few months after these founders took their companies public.
While Nykaa was able to double investors’ money on its first day of listing, Paytm has been struggling to even reach its issue price of ₹2150. Nykaa was listed at a price of ₹2,001 compared to the issue price of ₹1,125. The company currently sits at a market capitalisation of ₹70,690 crore ($9.2 billion), which is lower than Nykaa’s listing price but still higher than the issue price of $7.4 billion.
Paytm, on the other hand, is listed at a discount of 9% on the listing day, and has been on a decline ever since. It’s worth noting that Paytm was the highest valued startup — valued at $16 billion — in India till 2021 before Byju’s took over.
Nearly 75% of its valuation has been eroded ever since Paytm made its entry into the public market. It is important to note that Paytm had raised capital at the valuation of $19.9 billion in its initial public offering (IPO), but its current market capitalisation is ₹41,476 crore ($5.4 billion).
Source: Forbes Billionaires List
|Person||World’s richest rank 2021||Net worth in 2021||World’s richest rank 2022||Current net worth 2022|
|Vijay Shekhar Sharma||1362||$2.3 B||2387||$1.1 Billion|
|Falguni Nayar||N/A||N/A||573||$4.8 billion|
With this, Vijay Shekhar Sharma has slipped 1,000 ranks in Forbes Billionaires list. Last year, Sharma was the 1362 richest person in the world with a net worth of $2.3 billion. But currently, he is at the 2387th spot with a net worth of $1.1 Billion.
Nayar, on the other hand, was not named on the list last year. She is currently at the 573rd spot with a net worth of $4.8 billion. With that being said, Falguni Nayar is currently the richest self-made woman in India as per the Forbes’ real-time Billionaires' Index.
Zomato’s founder and CEO Deepinder Goyal is not part of this list.
India is monitoring crypto transactions of 700 investors – evaders could reportedly face a hefty penalty tax
Germany’s cyber watchdog advises users to switch from Kaspersky antivirus as Russia-Ukraine tensions simmer
Popular on BI
- Adipurush: A look at who’s playing what in the mythological period drama
- Samsung plans 15 premium experience stores across 9 cities by December
- Redmi 12C vs Realme C55: Which budget phone will reign supreme under ₹12,000?
- India reports over 3,000 Covid-19 cases for the second consecutive day
- Richard Branson's rocket company Virgin Orbit lays off 85% of workforce