Profitability may be impacted in 1st half due to COVID-19: Union Bank of India
However, profitability is likely to improve in the second half of the current fiscal subject to restoration of normal economic activity.
There may be an impact on revenue of the bank during the first half of the current financial year due to slowdown of economic activity during the lockdown, Union Bank of India said in a disclosure to stock exchanges.
With measures being taken by Government of India and state governments, normalcy is expected to be restored by third or fourth quarter of the current financial year, it said.
"The bank is adequately capitalised to take care of its present and future operations. Any capital and liquidity constraints on account of COVID-19 is not foreseen at present," it said.
On the liquidity position, it said, there is no cash crunch as timely measures were taken by the RBI and the Government of India.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- 9 best street foods in Mumbai you must try
- 10 cool places to hangout in Mumbai
- Indian festival holiday calendar for October and November 2023 at a glance
- Banks closed for 1/3rd of October 2023 – Check out dates and details
- Tax-friendly destinations: A guide to the world's lowest taxes countries