Road safety data dashboard for Gurugram launched
The dashboard was launched at the initiative of Safer Roads For Gurugram (SRFG), the outcome of an MoU between Anheuser Busch InBev (AB InBev) and the Transport Department, Haryana Government.
SRFG is an autonomous working group comprising corporates, government institutions, corporations, healthcare entities, industry associations, academic institutions, civil societies, among others.According to a statement from SRFG, the road safety data dashboard captures end-to-end data from road collisions and fatalities, which helps to identify vulnerable spots, assess risk factors and type of accidents, profiles of high-risk victims and vehicles.
According to the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, road crash is one of the leading causes of unnatural deaths in India.These road crashes kill close to 1,50,000 people each year in India, and this average fatality rate is one of the highest in the world.
It is estimated that the road accidents put a burden of close to 1 per cent to 3 per cent of the country's GDP. NAM ABM
- Bharat Biotech to make antigen for first-ever anti-malaria vaccine
- SIMPLY PUT: Watch out for production linked incentives in the budget — here’s how it will work
- Surgeries, invasive procedures and OPDs to resume at all Delhi government hospitals
- Meet the world’s richest people are paying $55 million each to fly on Elon Musk’s SpaceX rocket.
- OnePlus co-founder Carl Pei launches a new consumer tech company and it's literally called Nothing