Rupee rises 10 paise to 70.94 against US dollar in early trade
At the interbank foreign exchange the rupee opened at 70.98, then gathered momentum and touched 70.94 against the US dollar, registering a rise of 10 paise over its previous close.
On Monday, rupee had settled for the day at 71.04 against the US dollar.Forex traders said investors were optimistic about the US-China trade talks.
The dollar index, which gauges the greenback's strength against a basket of six currencies, fell by 0.02 per cent to 97.62.Market participants, said foreign fund inflows supported the local currency and took it past 71-level.
Foreign institutional investors (FIIs) remained net buyers in the capital market, as they purchased shares worth Rs 459.22 crore on Monday, according to provisional exchange data.Brent crude futures, the global oil benchmark, fell 0.17 per cent to trade at USD 64.14 per barrel. The 10-year government bond yield was at 6.65 per cent in morning trade. DRR DRR
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- If the COVID-19 vaccine prices are too high for some, then why not use direct benefit transfer
- The COVID-19 crisis in India is getting worse with state administrations trying to hoard oxygen
- On Earth Day, companies commit to adopt more sustainable practices in an attempt to safeguard our tomorrow
- Tiger Global makes its first crypto investment in India making Coinswitch Kuber worth half a billion dollars
- Best pulse oximeters to keep a check on your SpO2 readings