Sadhguru and Isha Outreach are India’s biggest advertisers on Meta for social causes: They spent ₹1.35 lakhs per day on Facebook and Instagram
- Spiritual leader Sadhguru and his non-profit organisation Isha Outreach is India’s largest advertiser on Meta platforms such as Facebook and Instagram for social and political causes.
- Sadhguru and Isha Outreach spent ₹1.35 lakhs per day on Facebook and Instagram in the last quarter, amounting to ad spends of ₹1,20,91,079.
- After Sadhuguru, micro-blogging platform Koo and OTT player Voot Select were the largest spenders of advertising monies on Meta platforms.
AdvertisementSpiritual leader Jagadish Vasudev, more popularly known as Sadhguru, and his non-profit organisation Isha Outreach spent ₹1.35 lakhs per day on Facebook and Instagram advertising between April 27 and July 25.
According to a recent report released by Hyderabad-based enterprise digital marketing agency Pyrite Technologies, Sadhguru and Isha Outreach's Conscious Planet are India’s largest advertisers on Meta platforms in social and political causes category. They spent a total of 1.20 crores on Facebook and Instagram.
Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev is an Indian yoga guru. He has more than 8.5 million followers on Instagram, 5.2 million fans on Facebook and 3.9 million followers on Twitter.
Sadhuguru's Isha Foundation, according to its website, is also associated with a bouquet of business enterprises such as Isha Raiment, Isha Foods and Spices, Isha Crafts, Isha Naturo Organic Solutions, to mention a few.
Following Sadhguru on the largest advertisers list is micro-blogging platform Koo. It spent almost ₹87 lakh on Meta in the 90-day period.
Launched in 2019, Koo recently raised ₹79 crore from Caspier Venture Partner, Ashneer Grover and Ravi Modi Family Trust.
India’s third largest advertiser, as per Pyrite, is OTT platform Voot Select with ad spends of ₹67 lakh.
Voot Select is business tycoon Mukesh Ambani-led Viacom18’s subscription-based streaming platform.
Political parties Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and BJP Gujarat also appeared on the list of top Indian advertisers on Meta.
It is pertinent to note that as per India's advertising rules, not all Indian brands are not obliged to declare their spends as they don’t fall under social causes category.
AdvertisementBetween April 27 and July 25, Meta saw more than 12,863 advertisers from India and collected ₹13.94 crores in advertising revenues.
As per analytics platform Napolean Cat, there were 515,800,000 Facebook users in India in July 2022, which accounted for 36.2% of its entire population.
The growing number of advertisers and users in India makes the country a top market for Facebook.
Popular on BI
- Microsoft’s new Security Copilot assistant adds AI smarts to cybersecurity using GPT-4
- NCLAT upholds ₹1,337.76 cr fine imposed on Google by competition watchdog
- We asked ChatGPT about jobs that AI can take over from humans – This was its answer
- Smell search, bhaang-flavour milkshakes: a look at popular April Fool’s Day pranks
- Moonstruck effect: Nicolas Cage used to get slapped by fans at airport