Southwest is selling one-way tickets for as low as $49 - but only for 3 days
- Southwest Airlines kicked off its annual winter sale on October 1.
- Domestic one-way fares are as low as $49 one-way, while international flights start at $69 one-way.
- The sale will only last three days - until 11:59 p.m. on October 3.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Southwest Airlines is slashing some of its fares for its annual winter sale.From October 1 to 3, customers can buy low-cost, one-way tickets for domestic or international travel.Advertisement
Here are some examples of one-way, nonstop fares available through the sale:
- As low as $49 between Las Vegas-San Diego, Dallas-Little Rock, Arkansas, or Detroit-Chicago Midway
- As low as $79 between Atlanta-Dallas, New York LGA-Chicago Midway
- As low as $99 between Baltimore-New Orleans, Chicago Midway-Orlando, Baltimore-West Palm Beach, Florida
- As low as $129 between Los Angeles-St. Louis, New York LGA-Denver, Chicago Midway-San Francisco
- As low as $69 between Fort Lauderdale-Nassau, Bahamas
- As low as $119 between Houston-Belize
- As low as $134 between Atlanta-Turks and Caicos
- As low as $136 between Orlando-Montego Bay, Jamaica
The fare sale probably won't help you score a cheap long weekend or shave your holiday travel costs
Southwest rolled out flights to Hawaii in March - with one-way fares as low as $49. But there aren't any deals in the winter sale this time around to go from the mainland US to Hawaii, only options to travel within the island.
Southwest Airlines, Rachel Premack/Business Insider
And for hot spots like Ft. Myers, Ft. Lauderdale, and Las Vegas, travelers can only go to and from those cities from Sunday through Wednesday. Travel to Mexico is only valid from Sundays to Wednesdays, while travel from Mexico can only be booked on Tuesdays to Fridays.
Otherwise, tickets must be booked between November 13, 2019 through Feb. 12, 2020.There are plenty of stipulations within those dates. Matching with Thanksgiving and Christmas travel, continental US fares are blacked out from November 22 to Dec. 3, 2019 and from Dec. 19, 2019 to Jan. 5, 2020.Advertisement
You can read the full fare rules here.
- Chinese city sounds alert for bubonic plague
- Rupee rises 14 paise to 74.52 against US dollar in early trade
- Zydus Cadila gets approval from Mexican authority to test COVID-19 drug
- Walgreens, NZ-based Stuff join 'boycott Facebook' campaign
- The story behind Geometry Encompass’ anthem ‘We Got This’ with Ankur Tewari and Clinton Cerejo