United just released aviation-themed Zoom video conference backgrounds for everyone who misses flying as the coronavirus lockdowns continue
- United Airlines just posted a series of aviation-themed backgrounds for Zoom, the video chat app.
- As frequent flyers continue to shelter in place and avoid travel, United said the backgrounds offer a bit of lighthearted fun as the coronavirus crisis continues, and its severity continues to grow.
- Scroll down to see and download the backgrounds.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
This is a terrible time for aviation - the industry itself, those who work in it, and those who fly.The coronavirus pandemic has forced planes and their passengers to remain grounded as social distancing guidelines, travel restrictions, and border closures mean that travel demand is almost nil, aside from a few essential workers relocating to manage the crisis.
That's the inspiration behind a new set of backgrounds United Airlines just released for the video conference app Zoom.The next time you're on a call from your kitchen table, living room, or home office, pop one of these backgrounds up and have fun looking forward to the next time you can fly. This crisis may be devastating across industries and lives, which makes moments of levity even more important.
Scroll down to see and download United's aviation-themed Zoom backgrounds.Do you have a personal experience with the coronavirus you'd like to share? Or a tip on how your town or community is handling the pandemic? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us your story.
Get the latest coronavirus business & economic impact analysis from Business Insider Intelligence on how COVID-19 is affecting industries.
One option is the United Polaris lounge in Houston, the airline's luxe international business class lounge.
For the AvGeeks missing the friendly skies, why not go with a Boeing 787 Dreamliner cockpit?
Plane-spotters can go with a Boeing 737-800 taxiing toward the runway.
Nothing beats a window seat, especially at sunset. Channel that relaxing vibe with this backdrop.
You could also go with a United Polaris business class seat. Move to the right side of your screen and ... well, it's not exactly the same as being on a plane, but it's still a fun background.
Finally, there's a Boeing 787 Dreamliner in flight.
- Xiaomi patents new foldable smartphone
- Top 10 richest people in Canada according to Forbes as of March 7, 2021
- Global market for desktops, notebooks and tablets to grow 8% in 2021, says new report
- Porsche unveils its first pair of electric bikes priced at $8,549
- Facebook removes 915 malicious accounts and 606 fake accounts from Instagram in February