Will work with COVID-19 Economic Response Task Force to shape up responses: CII
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday announced setting up of a 'COVID-19 Economic Response Task Force' to decide on relief package for sectors hit by the coronavirus outbreak.
The task force, to be headed by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, will look at measures to limit economic hardships caused by the coronavirus pandemic.It also said the innovative idea of a 'Janata Curfew' (peoples' curfew) will be a test case of how the society can embrace itself for such exigencies.
Assocham also said it will extend its cooperation on for observing 'Janata Curfew' on March 22 to deal with the coronavirus."We would actively give the ground-level feedback about the impact of the virus (outbreak) to the economic response task force," it said.
The chamber would also impress upon its members to be considerate towards those employees who are not able to make to the offices and ensure that no economic hardship is caused to their families, it added. RR HRS
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Acer announces 11th gen processors starting at ₹54,999
- LG Wing swivel phone and Velvet dual screen phone launched in India
- Hong Kong bars Air India flights for fourth time as passengers test positive for COVID-19
- Goa government allows casinos to reopen from November 1
- Rajesh Nambiar appointed as Cognizant's new India MD & Chairman