Logistics startup Delhivery files for a nearly $1 billion IPO
- Indian logistics firm Delhivery has filed a draft red herring prospectus (DRHP) to raise ₹7,460 crore through public listing.
- Marquee investors like SoftBank, Tiger Global Management, Times Internet and The Carlyle Group have invested in the 10-year old startup.
- Shares worth ₹5,000 crore will be freshly issued by the firm and remaining chunk of shares will be sold by existing promoters shareholders.
AdvertisementGurgaon-based 10-year-old logistics startup Delhivery has filed its draft red herring prospectus (DRHP) to launch an initial public offering (IPO).
Delhivery is looking to raise ₹7,460 crore, which is approximately $1 billion, at current rates, through public listing of shares.
Out of the overall IPO issue size, shares worth ₹5,000 crore will be a fresh issue by the company and the remaining ₹2,460 crore will be sold by existing shareholders and promoters.
Shares worth ₹920 crore will be sold by CA Swift Investments, ₹750 crore by SVF Doorbell and up to ₹330 crore by Times Internet.
Delhivery said it will use ₹2,500 crore out of the IPO proceeds for funding organic growth initiatives, ₹ 1,250 crore for funding inorganic growth through acquisitions and other strategic initiatives.
To list its shares publicly, recently the startup had converted itself to a public limited entity, which will allow it to raise capital from the general public.
In a run-up to the IPO, the Gurugram-based startup has already raised half a billion from three prominent investors — Fidelity, FedEx and Lee Fixel’s Addition. It has raised over $1.3 billion to date from marquee investors like SoftBank, Tiger Global, Times Internet, The Carlyle Group and Steadview.
DISCLOSURE: Times Internet, an investor in Delhivery, owns Times Bridge, which is Business Insider's partner in India.
SEE ALSO: Elon Musk-owned Starlink forms subsidiary in India, will soon apply for licenses
What Tata Motors investors are excited about — obviously not the huge loss
Popular on BI
- 10 cafes in Bangalore offering the best of ambiance and cuisine
- Centre's fiscal deficit at Aug-end touches 36% of full-year target: CGA
- Domestic occupiers keep office space demand high in 2023
- Nifty, Sensex bounce back on Friday but experts see resistance at higher levels
- Temperature's Toll: Hospitals see a surge in drug and alcohol abuse-related visits on hotter nights, study reveals