Shiprocket is India’s most valuable gazelle, and all set to turn unicorn in 2 years, says report
- According to ASK Private Wealth Hurun
India Future UnicornIndex 2022 report by Hurun, logistics startup Shiprocketis the most valued Gazalle.
- The Delhi-based startup faced its biggest challenge in 2020 as the world went into lockdown mode due to Covid-19.
- However, the startup coped with the losses, and even managed to secure funding during the pandemic.
AdvertisementTech-enabled logistics startup Shiprocket has been named the most valuable gazelle in India. It has the potential to become a unicorn in the next two years, as per ASK Private Wealth
The report defines gazelle as a startup founded after 2000, and has the potential to become a unicorn in two years.
A gazelle exhibits high-growth with its revenues growing by at least by 20% yearly for four years or more. Its base revenue must be at least $1 million.
The Delhi-based startup faced its biggest challenge in 2020 as the world went into lockdown mode due to Covid-19. Shipments of the company founded in 2017, fell by a whopping 95% in just a few days, according to the
However, the startup coped with the losses, and even managed to secure funding during the pandemic.
It raised $355 million of funding so far. It closed a $185 million (₹1,380 crore) in a series E round of funding co-led by Zomato, Singapore's sovereign wealth fund Temasek and Lightrock India, according to a report by the Economic Times.
In June this year, the logistics company also acquired a majority stake in Pickrr — an e-commerce SaaS platform for direct-to-consumer brands and SME e-tailers for $200 million – comprising cash, stock, and earn-out.
Over 51 gazelles are likely to become unicorns in 2 years
The report featured over 51 gazelles including
“The cumulative valuation of gazelles featured in the report increased by more than 54% year-on-year to $31 billion. Combined, the 51 startups in the index have received $10.1 billion of funding,” says the report.
The fintech sector has contributed 13 gazelles to the index, followed by SaaS with five, edtech, e-commerce and shared economy with four each.
Advertisement“In just one year, the number of
Zepto, Dunzo among the next 122 unicorns from India — here's the complete Hurun list
South Indians crack the most office jokes in India, says survey
BYJU's cuts 600 jobs across Toppr, WhiteHat Jr
Popular on BI
- Elon Musk and more than 1,000 people sign an open letter calling for a pause on training AI systems more powerful than GPT-4
- The good news is, only old office buildings are doomed. The bad news is, that's 70% of them.
- Mobile payments pioneer Paytm ‘deeply rooted in India’ — social media users hail Paytm’s QR strength that powers India’s small merchants
- Musical Marathon: Backstreet Boys to Ultra music fests are ready to rock India in 2023
- IPL 2023 new rules – from two team sheets to impact player, here are the new rules
- Current Account Deficit narrows to 2.2% of GDP in Q3: RBI data
- No festive cheer for auto cos in March: PV sales ‘flattish’, 2Ws to see a slight uptick
- Star Sports gets a tech upgrade for IPL 2023: Dolby Atmos, Real-time Highlights, Ambience-only mode, and more explained