Uber drivers can now avail free doctor consultations and discounted medicines
Uberpartnered with online doctor consultationplatform Docsapp.
- Drivers will be given a 20% discount on medicines, they will also get a 40% discount on lab tests.
- Docsapp was founded in 2015, and over the four years has got over 10 million users
While the drivers will be given 20% discount on medicines, they will also get a 40% discount on lab tests.
“There can be no Uber without our driver and delivery partners. Their safety, health and overall wellbeing is our top priority. The partnership with DocsApp aims to enhance the quality of life of our driver-partners, and their families, by providing them with increased access to medical consultations,” said Pavan Vaish, Head of Central Operations (Rides), India SA.
Docsapp was founded in 2015, and over the four years has over 10 million users. It claims to provide over 2,00,000 consultations per month.
According to the company, 50,000 Uber India drivers have already registered on Docsapp.
In August, Uber also announced a new feature for its riders. It launched a safety feature for its users with a 24x7 safety helpline. Through this feature, riders can talk to Uber executives in English and Hindi during an emergency.
Popular on BI
- This pioneering regional OTT has turned profitable in 5 years – here’s how
- Neobanking platform Vance raises $5.8 million in seed round led by Hummingbird Ventures
- Natural gas price increase negative for GAIL, IGL, marginal beneficiary is RIL: Jefferies
- Auto sales remain buoyant in September with reports of a good festive season ahead
- IAF scrambles fighter jets after bomb scare on Iranian civilian plane in Indian airspace