Here are the top 10 courses on Coursera after India went into lockdown mode
- Millions of students and working professionals have started learning a new skill and are reskilling online.
- According to online learning platform Coursera, machine learning, programming for everybody and science of well-being have been the top choices among Indian learners ever since the country went into lockdown.
- Coursera has over 55 million users registered globally — including 6 million in India.
According to online learning platform Coursera, machine learning, programming for everybody and science of well-being have been the top choices among Indian learners ever since the country went into lockdown. The edtech company also said that there has been a dramatic growth in the health domain — along with increased interest in courses on Coronavirus and personal development.
Coursera has over 55 million users registered globally — including 6 million in India. And the learner base has only increased over the past few weeks. “Over the past month we have seen a 6-fold increase – six times the learners individually enrolling on the platform,” Emily Glassberg Sands, VP of Data Science at Coursera told Business Insider.
This is because even working professionals are keen reskilling themselves in areas like management and business communication such as managing remote teams. “Working professionals are also turning to Coursera for topics across domains. Everything from mental health to learning more about Corona, homeschooling their children, these courses are to guide them in their personal lives, work and academics,” said Emily.
The edtech platform has nearly 160 university partners and 20 industry partners. “We give eight weeks for students to complete the course. These individuals who are registering during Coronavirus lockdown, are active enrollments happening at a higher rate compared to the pre- Coronavirus phase. We are seeing higher utilization — 30% increase in learners (employees and students) probably because people aren’t commuting as much,” she said.
Here are the top 10 courses among Indian learners, according to Coursera.
|SNo.||Top courses in India|
|2||Programming for Everybody (Getting Started with Python)|
|3||The Science of Well-Being|
|4||English for Career Development|
|5||Learning How to Learn: Powerful mental tools to help you master tough subjects|
|6||Algorithms, Part I|
|8||Introduction to Psychology|
|9||Neural Networks and Deep Learning|
|10||Successful Negotiation: Essential Strategies and Skills|
Coursera's India MD sees 'blended campuses' thriving once the pandemic abates
- Battling depression, AIIMS Delhi junior doctor jumps off 10th floor of hostel, dies
- AIIMS probe finds no mala fide intent in death of COVID-19 positive journalist: Harsh Vardhan
- Record one-day spike of 132 COVID-19 cases in Manipur
- Nashik COVID-19 count reaches 6,546 as 137 test positive
- Telangana reports 1,278 new COVID-19 cases; eight deaths take toll to 339