IIT Guwahati starts incubation centre to help its students turn entrepreneurs
IIT Guwahatisets up a technology incubation centre to encourage its students to transform their business ideas into businesses.
- The centre will provide technical support, business mentoring, and a soft loan facility.
- The centre also focuses on the empowerment of women in terms of entrepreneurship; it has partnered with NSRCEL-IIMB for Women Startup Program (WSP).
AdvertisementTo encourage its student entrepreneurs, the
The centre will also provide technical support, business mentoring, and a soft loan facility (subject to availability).
It aims to promote advancement in science and technology, traditional knowledge and biodiversity resources; facilitate a platform for entrepreneurship and incubating research mindset for the development of society; and create an interface among researchers, technocrats, and industries.
“IIT Guwahati through the TIC has embarked on encouraging the students, faculty, staff and other entrepreneurs to provide necessary technological guidance and convert their ideas into products and technology that will be useful to the society and make the country Atmanirbhar,” said Prof. T.G. Sitharam, director, IIT Guwahati.
These incubated startups will work in different sectors such as robotics, information technology, water, oil sector, biotechnology, machine learning, internet of things, renewable energy, home automation and logistics, among other sectors.
The Institute said that its incubation centre is recognised by the Ministry of
It connects to a pool of experts in terms of faculties, funding agencies such as
The centre also focuses on the empowerment of women in terms of entrepreneurship; it has partnered with NSRCEL-IIMB for Women Startup Program (WSP). It has also partnered with Innovations for Defence Excellence (iDEX) in building the ecosystem for startups to interact with the Indian Defence establishment.
Fintech company MoneyPlanned raises over ₹2.5 crore from Inflection Point Ventures, others
Is Covid-19 finally over in India? This is what WHO and experts have to say
Popular on BI
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- Two Mukesh Ambani-owned companies are among India’s top 5 valuable brands
- TVS, Ather, Ola hike prices of electric two-wheelers as new subsidy norms kick in
- IKIO Lighting sets IPO price band at ₹270-285/share
- Royal Enfield sales rise 22% in May at 77,461 units
- GST collection rises 12% to ₹1.57 lakh crore in May