SUCCEEDING FROM HOME: Here's exactly how to thrive as a remote worker in the days of coronavirus
- As the coronavirus outbreak grows, more people are working from home.
- Tech giants including Amazon, Google, Facebook, and Twitter announced earlier this week, that most of their staff are mandated to work remotely due to the coronavirus.
- Business Insider has highlighted some tips that will help your staff remain productive while working from home. You can find more remote work tips by subscribing to BI Prime.
As the coronavirus spreads, working from home is the new reality for many US workers.
With more than 136,000 infected with the virus, companies are closing their doors to reduce the spread of infections. Big tech companies like Amazon, Google, Facebook, and Twitter announced that much of their workforce won't be coming into the office - instead, they will be working remotely.
If your employer has unexpectedly shut down, you may feel lost navigating remote work.
Some of the biggest challenges for employers include workers struggling with loneliness, managing their time, and communication among staff members. What's more, as schools and colleges shut down across the US, working parents must juggle company and family priorities.
While this all can be tough, finding a strategy that works can help you make it through.
Here are the best ways to stay productive and lead a team while working from home, based on advice from CEOs, freelancers, and experts who've done it.
Best tools for managing remote teams: 6 CEOs and executives who've been managing remote teams for years share the tools they use to keep their employees motivated and happy
Improving communication between remote workers: If you're working from home, here's exactly how to collaborate across teams and improve your remote meetings
Handling life as a remote worker: 8 tips for crushing your job while working from home, from 6 leaders who have worked remotely for years
Keeping track of your mental health: How to keep yourself happy and productive if you're working from home because of the coronavirus outbreak
- More than $100,000 raised for loyal Burger King employee of 27 years in GoFundMe campaign after video shows him getting 'goody' bag as reward
- 'Get your boy Elon in line:' Former NASA official says she was ridiculed for supporting SpaceX in new memoir
- India is betting on casinos, online games and horse races to fill its coffers
- How IT Works: Internet of Things (IoT) for manufacturing
- Leveraging AI in the Indian healthcare system: Opportunities and challenges
- Cyrus Mistry's father, Pallonji Mistry passes away at 93
- Google invests in Indian fintech startup Progap which provides credit to SMEs
- Lay’s, Kurkure and Bingo are taking over Indian snacks like Aloo Bhujia, Murukku