Check out the $62 million Bombardier private jet that's Canada's answer to Gulfstream
- The Bombardier Global 6000 is the Canadian planemaker's flagship large long-range business jet.
- It was the centerpiece of Bombardier's showcase at the 2018 Farnborough International Airshow.
- The Global 6000 can hold up to 17 passengers and fly up to 6,900 miles.
- The Bombardier Global 6000 costs $62.31 million.
- The Global 6000 tenure as the flagship will soon come to an end with the arrival of Bombardier's next-generation Global 7500 and Global 8000 jets later this year.
In May, Bombardier stunned the aviation community with the unexpected unveiling of the new Global 5500 and Global 6500 private jets at the 2018 European Business Aviation Convention and Exhibition.
The Canadian jet maker kept the existence of the two new model a secret until its world debut in Geneva, Switzerland. The 5500 and 65000 are expected to be ready for customers at the end of 2019, at which point Bombardier's new flagship Global 7500 and 8000 models will have also entered service.As the world awaits Bombardier's next generation of long-range private jets, it's easy to overlook the company's current flagship, the Global 6000.
The Global 6000 entered service in 2012 and is a descendant of the Bombardier's highly successful Global Express. The 6000 competes in the large, long-range business jet segment against the likes of the Gulfstream G650ER and the Dassault Falcon 8X. The Global 6000 lives a hyper-competitive segment of the market that caters to need of individuals and businesses that need to fly half-way around the world at a moment's notice.
The Global 6000 was the centerpiece of Bombardier showcase at the recently concluded 2018 Farnborough International Airshow. The big jet was parked alongside a Delta Air Lines CRJ900 regional airliner made by Bombardier's commercial aircraft division.
Business Insider got the chance to take a guided tour of the $62.31 million jet at the Farnborough Airshow. Here's a closer look at Bombardier's flagship Global 6000.