The top 5 awardees from India's paramilitary forces this Independence Day
Central Reserve Police Force( CRPF) is honouring its personnel on India’s 73rd Independence Day.
- The forces will award 136 medals — including 75 gallantry medals on 15th August 2019.
- Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman, who had shot down a Pakistani F-16 near the Line of Control (LoC) on February 27, has also been short-listed for the Vir Chakra.
As many as 136 medals — including 75 gallantry medals will be given away on 15th August 2019. It includes Kirti Chakra,
136 MEDALS DECORATE CRPF PERSONNEL ON #IndependenceDay2019: Kirti Chakra-01 Shaurya Chakra-02 President's Police Me… https://t.co/4BnGGkQIaO— CRPF (@crpfindia) 1565777403000
According to IANS, Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman, who had shot down a Pakistani F-16 near the Line of Control (LoC) on February 27, has been shortlisted for the Vir Chakra. The Vir Chakra is the third-highest military honour awarded for acts of bravery in the presence of the enemy.
The army also released the poster for the Tribute Song ‘Tu Desh Mera’ for the CRPF Martyrs of Pulwama.
The top five awardees of the paramilitary forces include Harshpal Singh, Constable Sable Dnyaneshwar Shriram, Constable Zaker Hussain, Shaheed Ct. Mohd Mojahid Khan, and Sh. Loukrakpam Ibomcha Singh.
The Kirti Chakra, the third highest military honour awarded during peacetime, has been conferred on Harshpal Singh, Second-In-Command, who fought off
For displaying exemplary bravery and raw courage in an operation in which 03 JeM foreign terrorists were neutralise… https://t.co/nSD962qGpr— CRPF (@crpfindia) 1565784032000
Constable Zaker Hussain, along with Constable Sable Dnyaneshwar Shriram have been honoured with Shaurya Chakra for displaying bravery in Jammu and Kashmir operations.
For their indomitable courage, bravery, and valour displayed in successful operations in J&K, Ct. Zaker Hussain and… https://t.co/7qIcqw5hgD— CRPF (@crpfindia) 1565787678000
Sh. Loukrakpam Ibomcha Singh, Assistant Commandant of CRPF, along with Shaheed Ct. Mohd. Mojahid Khan has been awarded the President's Police Medal for Gallantry on Independence day for their devotion and courage on duty, and extraordinary acts of bravery.
Shaheed Ct. Mohd. Mojahid Khan and Sh. Loukrakpam Ibomcha Singh, Assistant Commandant of #CRPF have been awarded th… https://t.co/dnveba3Wj8— CRPF (@crpfindia) 1565788739000
- 2 more test COVID-19 positive in UP's Shamli district
- With 242 cases in a day, Bihar's COVID tally soars to 3,806
- 123 more test positive for COVID-19 in Assam; total count 1,339
- 48 COVID-19 cases reported in a day in Gautam Buddh Nagar; total 453
- Top bureaucrats under quarantine after senior IAS officer tests COVID-19 positive in J-K