BNY Mellon joins State Street in backing a crypto exchange as digital assets continue to surge in popularity
- Bank of New York Mellon has joined
State Streetand a group of banksbacking cryptoexchange Pure Digital.
- Its first trade is now imminent and will involve
bitcoin, founder Campbell Adams told the Financial Times.
- As institutional interest nudges banks into crypto, different approaches to the asset class are being tested.
View all Offers
- 17% OFF
Mi Smart Band 5 – India’s No. 1 Fitness Band, 1.1-inch AMOLED Color Display, Magnetic Charging, 2 Weeks Battery Life, Personal Activity Intelligence (PAI), Women’s Health Tracking₹ 2499₹ 2999Buy On
- 25% OFF
Samsung Galaxy M31 (Ocean Blue, 6GB RAM, 128GB Storage)₹ 14999₹ 19999Buy On
- 75% OFF
OFIXO Multi-Purpose Laptop Table/Study Table/Bed Table/Foldable and Portable Wooden/Writing Desk (Wooden)₹ 492₹ 1999Buy On
- 62% OFF
Boya BYM1 Omnidirectional Lavalier Condenser Microphone with 20ft Audio Cable (Black)₹ 750₹ 1995Buy On
- 63% OFF
Samsung EVO Plus 64GB microSDXC UHS-I 100MB/s Full HD & 4K UHD Memory Card with Adapter (MB-MC64HA)₹ 699₹ 1899Buy On
Wary of the risky new asset class, banks at first hesitated as crypto exchanges like Coinbase and Binance built businesses on whirlwind trading activity.Now, as institutional interest nudges banks into crypto, different approaches are being tested. BNY Mellon and State Street both set up digital-asset units in the past few months. Goldman Sachs has announced plans to offer crypto to private wealth clients later this year.
A recent survey by Fidelity found that seven in 10 institutional investors plan to invest in crypto in the future, but are unnerved by volatility.BNY Mellon's announcement comes a day after bitcoin fell below the $30,000 price support threshold, though it was up above $31,000 on Wednesday.
- Canon’s new patent hints at a telephoto lens attachment for smartphones under development
- Kerala-based ESAF Small Finance Bank looks to raise ₹998 crore through IPO
- Meet BeachBot, a beach rover that uses AI to remove cigarette butts from beaches
- Amazon Prime Day 2021: Best deals and offers on health and household products
- Odisha’s temple town Puri becomes first Indian city with drinkable tap water available throughout the day