Dogecoin fans storm AMC CEO's Twitter poll asking if the theater chain should accept the joke cryptocurrency
Dogecoinfans stampeded a Twitter poll from AMCCEO Adam Aronasking for input on accepting the cryptocurrency.
- Aron's poll closed on Wednesday with 68.1% voting for the cinema chain to accept dogecoin at all locations.
- On top of massive online interest, the poll drew a like from noted dogecoin frenemy and Tesla CEO Elon Musk.
"I hear from many on my Twitter feed we should accept dogecoin too," Aron's poll asked. "Do you think AMC should explore accepting dogecoin?"
The survey attracted 140,000 votes within 24 hours, closing on Wednesday with 68.1% voting for the cinema chain to accept dogecoin at all locations. Another 9% said to go ahead with the cryptocurrency even if they wouldn't use it, while 23% said AMC shouldn't bother with dogecoin.
"I never thought I would see this day," Aron wrote. "If you happen to see this tweet too Mr. Musk, congratulations on Tesla and SpaceX. I have strived to be an innovator my entire career, but you sir are the epitome of innovation above all others."
Although dogecoin was conceived of as a winking meme-coin, many users take it seriously - despite its founder denouncing crypto as an "inherently right-wing, hyper-capitalistic technology."
Dogecoin now stands as the 10th-biggest cryptocurrency with a market cap of almost $30 billion, according to CoinGecko.
Even still, memeing on dogecoin remains a key aspect of its ethos. "I would never sneak a pack of skittles into the theatre again if you accept dogecoin," read the top response to Aron's poll.
AMC stock, meanwhile, has sagged over the last week, though it still trades at elevated levels following a blistering meme-stock rally in May.
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- Chinese smartphone brands under scrutiny, government to check components, pre-installed apps: Report
- Best AMD desktop processors — which one to buy in India?
- Best AMD Ryzen laptops in India
- Best TVs with HDR support in India
- Bored Ape NFT sells for $2.7 million, making it the most expensive in Yacht Club collection
- Startup salaries have increased over 40% in the last six months
- Indian Employees
- Data Science Job
- Google Pixel 6 series
- CBSE examdate sheet
- Tata Punch Price
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- OLA electric scooter
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- vodafone Idea News
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons