Elon Musk brings Shiba Inu back to Earth — Dogecoin is the only meme token he’s betting on
Shiba Inumeme coin rallied by more than 50% to hit an all time high of $0.000044 on October 24.
- It’s rally ‘to the Moon’ was cut short by
Elon Musk’s disclosure that he doesn’t own any SHIB tokens — only Bitcoin, Ethereum and Dogecoin.
- Musk’s remark may have halted Shiba’s most recent rally but it was unable to wipe out the gains that have been accumulating since October 15.
The Shiba Inu cryptocurrency was on its way ‘to the Moon’ on October 24. It rose by 50% to become the 11th biggest cryptocurrency in the market. However, one of the Shiba Inu Twitter accounts made the mistake of asking Musk how many SHIB tokens are in his kitty. The answer to which was a clear and definitive, “None.”
Hey @elonmusk How Much $Shib You Are Holding!!— Shiba Inu (@ShibaInuHodler) 1635093453000
Shiba Inu has slipped to becoming the 13th largest cryptocurrency by market cap since then. At 12:30 pm Indian Standard Time (IST) on October 25, the meme coin is down by 1.83 percent as compared to 24 hours ago with a price of $0.00038.
The recent dip may have halted its most recent rally, but the cryptocurrency has been on the rise since October 15.
“The surge in volumes that the token [Shiba Inu] has been witnessing can also be attributed to the FOMO that typically arises as interest peaks, and traders rush to take part in the rally as a means to book profits.”
What is Shiba Inu?
Shiba Inu is the self proclaimed ‘Dogecoin Killer’. It aims to be the Ethereum-based replacement to Doge tokens. While Bitcoin is designed to be scarce, SHIB tokens have intentionally been designed to be abundant with an overall supply of 1 quadrillion — hence, the rock bottom prices.
Right now, Shibu Inu mostly supports artistic projects like non-fungible token (NFT) art incubators. It’s also creating its own decentralised exchange called ShibaSwap.
Which cryptocurrencies has Elon Musk bought?
@ProTheDoge Lots of people I talked to on the production lines at Tesla or building rockets at SpaceX own Doge. The… https://t.co/NysBcHSU3P— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) 1635101751000
Elon Musk gives Dogecoin a boost but dampens Shiba Inu’s meteoric rise
Solana is the only bigwig cryptocurrency still in the green as crypto markets correct
- E-commerce platform Carousell lays off 110 employees to reduce costs
- Oil prices rise after G7 nations cap the price of Russian crude at $60/barrel
- Italy home to highest number of unofficial Chinese 'police stations' says a Spanish civil rights group
- ChatGPT is a new AI chatbot that can find mistakes in your code or write a story for you
- HealthifyMe sacks about 150 employees, says growth didn't keep pace with hiring