'Darkness is good': Inflammatory Trump adviser Steven Bannon argues he, Darth Vader, and Satan are misunderstood
AP Photo/ Evan Vucci
Trump's chief White House strategist told the Hollywood Reporter that he benefited from left-wing media outlets that labeled him as evil.
"Darkness is good," Bannon told the publication.
He added: "Dick Cheney, Darth Vader, Satan. That's power. It only helps us when they get it wrong. When they're blind to who we are and what we're doing."
Bannon's appointment to a top political position in Trump's administration this week resulted in a swift backlash. Critics have assailed his stewardship of Breitbart News' coverage, which has been viewed as anti-Semitic and racially charged.
The Southern Poverty Law Center and the Anti-Defamation League have both called for Trump to rescind his appointment. They have drawn attention to Bannon's self-professed commitment to providing a platform for the alt-right movement.
During his tenure at Breitbart, Bannon oversaw the publication's transformation into a far-right, anti-establishment, white-nationalist outlet, which found more in common with European far-right parties than the US Republican Party on issues such as immigration and trade.
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- Two Mukesh Ambani-owned companies are among India’s top 5 valuable brands
- TVS, Ather, Ola hike prices of electric two-wheelers as new subsidy norms kick in
- IKIO Lighting sets IPO price band at ₹270-285/share
- Royal Enfield sales rise 22% in May at 77,461 units
- GST collection rises 12% to ₹1.57 lakh crore in May