'Darkness is good': Inflammatory Trump adviser Steven Bannon argues he, Darth Vader, and Satan are misunderstood
AP Photo/ Evan Vucci
Trump's chief White House strategist told the Hollywood Reporter that he benefited from left-wing media outlets that labeled him as evil.
"Darkness is good," Bannon told the publication.
He added: "Dick Cheney, Darth Vader, Satan. That's power. It only helps us when they get it wrong. When they're blind to who we are and what we're doing."
Bannon's appointment to a top political position in Trump's administration this week resulted in a swift backlash. Critics have assailed his stewardship of Breitbart News' coverage, which has been viewed as anti-Semitic and racially charged.
The Southern Poverty Law Center and the Anti-Defamation League have both called for Trump to rescind his appointment. They have drawn attention to Bannon's self-professed commitment to providing a platform for the alt-right movement.
During his tenure at Breitbart, Bannon oversaw the publication's transformation into a far-right, anti-establishment, white-nationalist outlet, which found more in common with European far-right parties than the US Republican Party on issues such as immigration and trade.
- Apricots: A nutrient-packed fruit for health and culinary delights
- Startup funding hits a 5-year low in July-September quarter
- Mobile phone exports from India cross Rs 45,000 cr in April-Aug period, Apple leads
- Twinkle, Akshay pose with UK PM Rishi Sunak in London
- Troubles mount for Indian airlines, even in good times