DD Bharati To Re-invent Itself
DD Bharati, the government channel dedicated to art and culture, has launched some new series in a bid to re-invent itself.
There will be a theatre series, which will cover history of Bengali theatre and how it fared with the association of stage performers. It would be called Theatre through the Ages, and will be telecast on Wednesdays at 11 PM on
The channel is also running a series of programmes that would cover journeys of trendsetters and trailblazers of various fields like classical music and dance, theatre, art and advertising. Journeys of pioneers like
Next in line is the telecast of award-winning feature films in regional languages. The time slot would be 6:30 PM on Saturdays and would be repeated on Sundays at 2:30 AM and 10:30 AM.
With so much happening in the television space in India and shows from across the borders being telecast and liked, this seems to be a smart move to pull audience to the good old
Popular on BI
- Kellyanne Conway says her husband was 'cheating by tweeting' his disdain for former President Trump in her new memoir
- A SpaceX flight attendant said Elon Musk exposed himself and propositioned her for sex, documents show. The company paid $250,000 for her silence.
- The worst for Indian startups is yet to come — be prepared for layoffs, unicorn slowdown and startup shutdowns in 2022
- What would happen to Twitter if Elon Musk backs out now?
- Researchers develop a virus that works even when iPhone is switched off
- Supreme Court of India extends time for submitting Pegasus probe report
- Chopper services launched in Goa for tourists, locals
- Both Ambuja Cements and ACC are bet worth investing with strong parent Adani