DD Bharati To Re-invent Itself
DD Bharati, the government channel dedicated to art and culture, has launched some new series in a bid to re-invent itself.
There will be a theatre series, which will cover history of Bengali theatre and how it fared with the association of stage performers. It would be called Theatre through the Ages, and will be telecast on Wednesdays at 11 PM on
The channel is also running a series of programmes that would cover journeys of trendsetters and trailblazers of various fields like classical music and dance, theatre, art and advertising. Journeys of pioneers like
Next in line is the telecast of award-winning feature films in regional languages. The time slot would be 6:30 PM on Saturdays and would be repeated on Sundays at 2:30 AM and 10:30 AM.
With so much happening in the television space in India and shows from across the borders being telecast and liked, this seems to be a smart move to pull audience to the good old
Popular on BI
- Micron begins construction on $2.7 bn India semiconductor plant in 'epic' beginning
- India, Japan agree to strengthen economic cooperation including achieving progress on high-speed railway project
- India rises to No 1 in ODIs, becomes top ranked team in all formats
- Discover what's new in iOS 17: Your ultimate guide to the latest features
- Hyderabad-based ethnic retailer Sai Silks Kalamandir IPO subscribed 4.4x