New video shows Delta Force operators swarming ISIS leader al-Baghdadi's compound in Syria
- The US military released video of the Special Forces raid against ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi on Saturday in northwest Syria.
- No US soldiers were killed or wounded, but a military working dog was injured by live electrical cables after Baghdadi detonated a suicide vest in a tunnel.
- A military official shared before and after photographs of the building and described it as a "parking lot with large potholes" and "not memorable."
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
The US military released video clips of the Special Forces raid against the ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi on Saturday in northwest Syria.
US Marine Corps Gen. Kenneth McKenzie Jr., head of US Central Command, released the photos and video on Wednesday afternoon, showing US forces entering the compound in search of the ISIS leader.
The mission started at 9:00 a.m. EST on Saturday, though US troops didn't arrive at the compound until after dark.
No US soldiers were killed or wounded during the operation, but a military working dog was injured by live electrical cables after al-Baghdadi detonated a suicide vest in a tunnel. The dog has recovered from its injuries and returned to duty, according to McKenzie.
Fighters not associated with al-Baghdadi began attacking US troops from two locations, McKenzie said. US aircraft responded by attacking the militants.
Following the assault, the compound was hit by more munitions to prevent the location from becoming a shrine.
McKenzie shared before and after photographs of the building, describing it as a "parking lot with large potholes" and "not memorable."
"...at the compound, fighters from two locations in the vicinity of the compound began firing on U.S. aircraft participating in the assault."- U.S. Central Command (@CENTCOM) October 30, 2019
- Gen Frank McKenzie CDR USCENTCOM pic.twitter.com/SkrtHNDs7w
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- This pioneering regional OTT has turned profitable in 5 years – here’s how
- A man's cancer vanished after he was injected with a weakened herpes virus in a promising clinical trial
- Fresh threats to Mukesh Ambani and family, Reliance Foundation hospital
- Will consider Kerala govt proposal for World Peace Conference: Nobel Peace Centre
- Seven dead, several others feared missing following flash floods in West Bengal's Jalpaiguri district
- OPEC+ to cut oil output by 2 million bpd from November
- India Inc's foreign commercial borrowings rise by 4.6% in August
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World