Photo shows Jeffrey Epstein went to royal party dressed as a Navy SEAL
(Photo by Joe Schildhorn/Patrick McMullan via Getty Images)
- Photos of Jeffrey Epstein, the convicted sex offender and disgraced hedge fund manager who killed himself in a federal prison, reveal he dressed as a US Navy SEAL for a royal costume party at Windsor Castle in 2006.
- Epstein is pictured wearing the US Navy's service dress white uniform, which is reserved for formal occasions. Adorned on the late financier's uniform is the Navy SEAL Trident, the special warfare insignia reserved for members of the elite community.
- Also included are several service ribbons and medals. Some of these seem to be actual military awards, such as the Navy Cross and Silver Star; others appear to be fictional.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Photos of Jeffrey Epstein, the convicted sex offender and disgraced hedge fund manager who killed himself inside a federal prison, revealed he went as a US Navy SEAL at a costume party hosted by Prince Andrew, Duke of York, at Windsor Castle in 2006.The photo, which was published by The Sun on Saturday, shows the late Epstein attending the 18th birthday party for Princess Beatrice, Prince Andrew's oldest daughter. Accompanying Epstein in the photo is Harvey Weinstein, the Hollywood mogul facing numerous sexual abuse allegations; and Ghislaine Maxwell, the British socialite accused of liaising Epstein with his alleged victims.Advertisement
Epstein is pictured wearing the rank of a Navy commander in a service dress white uniform, which is reserved for formal occasions for officers and senior enlisted. Adorned on the late financier's uniform is the Navy SEAL Trident, the special warfare insignia reserved for members of the elite community.investigation into child prostitution allegations against Epstein.
Epstein killed himself in his prison cell in August 2019, according to prosecutors, citing medical examiners and video surveillance. Weinstein is scheduled to go to trial in January for sexual assault and rape allegations from three women. Maxwell denied having orchestrated Epstein's alleged sex trafficking ring and has stayed away from the public eye.Prince Andrew has also been at the center of the controversy. Virginia Giuffre, an American woman, alleged she was forced to have sex with the prince when she was 17-years-old. Andrew denied the allegation.
Fresh questions for Prince Andrew in the Sun On Sunday tomorrow as we unearth a picture of Jeffrey Epstein, Harvey Weinstein and Ghislaine Maxwell at Princess Beatrice's Windsor Castle ballhttps://t.co/24O1mEah5u- James Beal (@JamesSBeal) December 7, 2019
- Indian and Chinese army hold fresh talks to discuss disengagement in Depsang plains
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath inaugurates a 400-bed COVID-19 hospital in Noida
- These are the tabletop airports in India – two of them have seen major plane crashes in last 10 years
- India registers 61,537 new COVID-19 cases and 933 more deaths, taking the total toll to 42,518
- A landslide in Kerala's Idukki has left 18 dead and over 50 missing