Indian, Chinese troops clash at Naku La — many left injured on both sides
- Indian and Chinese soldiers clashed at Naku La in North Sikkim last week with many injuries reported, a
government sourcetold IANS.
- On Sunday,
Indiaand Chinaheld a 16-hour long marathon militarydialogue to resolve the ongoing border dispute.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
AdvertisementIndian and Chinese soldiers clashed at Naku La in North Sikkim last week with many injuries reported, said a government source. The situation is said to be under control though as of now.
Naku La, incidentally, was one of the original face-off sites, along with Pangong Tso, Galwan, Gogra, Hot Springs, in early-May last year.
The government source said the clash took place three days ago. It happened while both the countries' government and military were readying for another round of talks to resolve border dispute along the 3,488 kilometre-long
On Sunday, India and China held a 16-hour long marathon military dialogue that eneded at after 2 a.m. on Monday to resolve the ongoing nineth month long border dispute and thinning of forces along the LAC.
The ninth Corps Commander level talks between both the countries took place at the Moldo Meeting point in Ladakh region. It had started at 10.30 a.m. on Sunday and ended at 2.30 a.m. on Monday.
Lieutenant General P.G.K. Menon, the Corps Commander of Leh-based HQ 14 Corps, led the Indian delegation. India has sought complete disengagement and withdrawal of forces from the disputed areas.
It happened after almost two months after the last dialogue.
The details of the meeting were yet to come. The military commanders will convey the details of the meeting to the Prime Minister Office.
On June 15, 2020, India lost 20 soldiers during a violent clash at Galwan Valley with Chinese People's Liberation Army soldiers. Chinese never made their casualty public.
India and China are engaged in a nine-month-long standoff at the LAC. Despite several levels of dialogue, there has not been any breakthrough and the deadlock continues.
An American electric car maker explains why it took a different route than Elon Musk’s Tesla, Tata Motors or Mahindra
EXCLUSIVE: Realme plans to open 500 new stores in 2021— the CEO reveals the company will go beyond smartphones in the 5G era
From Joe Biden and Kamala Harris' win to the Modi government's COVID-19 reach out— a startup founded by two South Asians has scored big with brands and governments
Popular on BI
- This could be the best time to buy Galaxy Z Fold3 5G in India at ₹1,09,999
- Retail jobs have been slowing down due to WFH and online sales: report
- 85% Indian schools don't have vocational courses as part of their curriculum: WEF
- Govt invites bids for IDBI Bank privatisation; Govt, LIC to sell 60.72%
- Tracxn Technologies IPO: Analyst cautious due to losses and investor exits
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World