Artists recreate your favorite cartoon characters
- You've seen these
cartoonsbefore, but never like this.
- From a human SpongeBob to an Olaf sculpture on the tip of a pencil, these seven artists reimagine classic cartoon characters.
Following is a transcript of the
Miguel Vasquez turns cartoons into disturbing humans. He creates a digital 3D drawing of a popular character...And gives them human features.
James Lewis precisely paints cartoon characters. He does it using sign-painting techniques. James even designed his own brushes for this style.
Adam Dougherty turns cartoons into creepily realistic figures. He designs a character out of clay...Then creates a mold and pours silicone into it.
Salavat Fidai carves characters on colored-pencil tips. He carefully carves away at the lead to create them. It can take up to three days to finish one.
Shelby and Sandy create paintings that look like printed cartoons. They map out each block of color. Then they paint the details with bold lines to make it look digital.
Lee Rowlett does cartoon green-screen
Drew Tetz makes cartoon animations using a turntable. He lays a static picture over a record. As it spins, the characters look like they're moving.
EDITOR'S NOTE: This video was originally published in October 2020.
- RANKED: The world's 20 strongest militaries
- I quit buying from Amazon 4 years ago. I get better deals on products elsewhere but still have to use their services.
- Gen Z faces more pressure at work than previous generations because technology has eliminated work-life boundaries, a psychology professor says
- Enforcement Directorate searches Hiranandani Group premises in Mumbai
- Indian PC market down by 6.6% in 2023, HP leads the market while Acer gains
- India's business activity surges to 7-month high in February
- Snapping 6-day gains, Indian stock indices in red; high valuations a concern
- ED issues look out notice against Byju Raveendran: Sources