How a burned table is professionally restored
- Nazar, the owner of The Restorer, restores and repairs damaged
- He works on artificial and natural surfaces such as wood, leather, and more.
- This is a restoration of a wood-veneer
tablewith an oak base that has been burned.
Following is a transcript of the
Narrator: Nazar is the owner of The Restorer in Ukraine. He specializes in repairing and restoring furniture with damage and defects. This is a wood-veneer table with an oak base. The owner forgot to blow out a candle, and it burned through the veneered surface into the wood.
This left a 30-centimeter-wide hole that's about 3 to 4 millimeters deep. Before he can start any restoration work, he cleans and removes as much of the burned area as possible. He uses a small grinder to remove the blackened layers. Then he uses a blade to carefully remove larger pieces.
After a basic cleaning and degreasing, he adds clear packaging tape over the entire area and trims around it. This leaves only the damaged area exposed and the other areas protected by the tape. Then it's time to
After drying for about 40 minutes, the putty hardens, and he can sand it to create a level surface. He uses a cloth with a light solvent to clean the dust off before moving on to the next step.
After that, the tape comes off. To start adding color back into the repaired hole, he uses a mix of tints and furniture wax that he's color-matched to the original wood tone. He starts around the perimeter and works his way into the center. He's doing this using a nozzle and gas soldering iron. This melts the wax onto the damaged area. The wax helps to
Once the burns are removed and the hole is filled, it's time to add the wood grain. Nazar does this by painting it with a tinted alcohol-based toner. He paints it in by hand and uses a semi-matte varnish to lock everything in and keep it protected from dirt and water in the future.
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- Two Mukesh Ambani-owned companies are among India’s top 5 valuable brands
- TVS, Ather, Ola hike prices of electric two-wheelers as new subsidy norms kick in
- IKIO Lighting sets IPO price band at ₹270-285/share
- Royal Enfield sales rise 22% in May at 77,461 units
- GST collection rises 12% to ₹1.57 lakh crore in May