IIM Udaipur kicks off its third Entrepreneurship Summit, India’s unicorns to be in focus
- Saksham, the Entrepreneurship Cell of
IIM Udaipur, is organising its third and largest e-Summit 2022 with the theme “Zilch to Zillion: Celebrating a Decade of Unicorns”.
- The summit will be held on 23rd January 2022 virtually.
- Representatives from top-tier VCs like Accel, Chiratae Ventures, Tanglin Venture Partners and Times Internet will also be joining as speakers and panelists.
AdvertisementSaksham, the Entrepreneurship Cell of Indian Institute of Management, Udaipur, is organising its third and largest E-Summit 2022 with the theme ‘Zilch to Zillion: Celebrating a Decade of
The E-summit will provide a forum to brainstorm and discuss innovation and ingenuity demonstrated by Indian entrepreneurs that have helped India’s unicorns (companies with valuation more than $1B) gain a combined market cap of $240 billion. Even as India is rapidly enhancing its start-up ecosystem, it still needs to climb 67 positions to top the Global Entrepreneurship Index, an indicator of the overall entrepreneurial potential of a nation.
Prof. Janat Shah, Director, IIM Udaipur said, “Management schools in India are emerging as the breeding grounds for start-ups, especially Unicorns, by creating an enabling environment in curricula and bringing together key enablers of the ecosystem.”
“Entrepreneurship is one of the core values of IIM Udaipur, and the institute is committed to nurturing future leaders and entrepreneurs who will power their organizations, create innovations in products and services in the emerging economies,” he added.
Yashish Dahiya (Co-Founder and CEO, Policy Bazaar) and
The event is supported by a network of corporates, incubators, media partners, including Secure Meters, TiE Udaipur and Rajasthan Venture Capital Fund. Top upcoming D2C (direct-to-consumer) startups like Ugaoo, InACan and Bombay Shaving company are also partnering with the E-Summit ’22 as “Gifting Partner”, “Experience Partner” and “Grooming Partner” respectively.
In the past decade, India has transformed its start-up ecosystem into becoming the third-largest in the world. In 2021, India added 46 Unicorns, doubling the number to over 90. In 2022, It is estimated that over 50 more unicorns will be added to the Indian start-up ecosystem.
Disclaimer: Business Insider India is a media partner to the event.
Popular on BI
- Kellyanne Conway says her husband was 'cheating by tweeting' his disdain for former President Trump in her new memoir
- A SpaceX flight attendant said Elon Musk exposed himself and propositioned her for sex, documents show. The company paid $250,000 for her silence.
- The worst for Indian startups is yet to come — be prepared for layoffs, unicorn slowdown and startup shutdowns in 2022
- What would happen to Twitter if Elon Musk backs out now?
- Researchers develop a virus that works even when iPhone is switched off
- Supreme Court of India extends time for submitting Pegasus probe report
- Chopper services launched in Goa for tourists, locals
- Both Ambuja Cements and ACC are bet worth investing with strong parent Adani