An old Stephen King horror story is getting turned into a podcast series starring Milo Ventimiglia
- Stephen King's "Strawberry Spring" horror story is coming to podcasts.
- The scripted series is based on one of the stories in
Stephen King's collection "Night Shift."
- Its cast will include "This Is Us" star
Milo Ventimigliaand "Euphoria" star Sydney Sweeney.
Stephen King's storytelling will soon made into a
The Wrap reported that Audio Up Media and iHeartMedia are working with award-winning producer Lee Metzger to produce the podcast based on "Strawberry Spring." The scripted series is based on one of the stories in Stephen King's classic 1978 collection "Night Shift."
The story centers a journalist who hears the name "Springheel Jack" on the radio - causing him to reminisce back to his time in college when a serial killer was claiming victims during "strawberry spring." This inspires the journalist to hunt for the killer, once and for all.
"As a lifelong fan of Stephen King, I couldn't be more excited to work with Jared, Audio Up and iHeart Media to bring this story to life," Metzger told The Wrap. "I couldn't ask for a better project for my first scripted podcast."
The rising popularity of fiction podcasts has been particularly influenced by the horror/thriller genre, with series like "Welcome to Night Vale" and "Limetown" designed to unnerve its listeners.
The scripted series will have eight episodes, though no release date has been announced.
- Best 24-inch monitor for gaming in India
- Reports of COVID-19 variant ‘NeoCov’ are spreading – Here’s what we know so far
- There’s a way government can prod Zomato, Swiggy, Uber and Ola to increase salaries of delivery partners and drivers
- Budget expectations 2022: Here’s why income tax slabs may not change this year
- Ethnic apparel brand Manyavar’s IPO opens on February 4; GMP already at ₹80 per share