Britney Spears will personally address an LA courtroom at a June hearing on her conservatorship
Britney Spearswill address a Los Angeles court directly at a June hearing on her conservatorship.
- Her father was appointed as guardian of her affairs after she had a breakdown in 2008.
- Last year, her lawyer filed to have Jamie Spears removed as a co-conservator of her estate.
A judge has agreed to let Britney Spears speak directly to the Los Angeles court that has been dealing with her conservatorship in June, Reuters reported.
Spears has rarely taken part in court hearings dealing with the conservatorship, which has been in place since 2008, when her father, Jamie Spears, was appointed as guardian of her affairs after she was hospitalized following a breakdown.
"My client (Britney Spears) has requested a hearing at which she can address the court directly," the singer's lawyer Samuel Ingham told the court on Tuesday. "My client has asked that it be done on an expedited basis."
She will speak at the hearing on June 23.
The conservatorship is a legal guardianship that put Spear's state, financial assets, and some personal assets under the control of her father and attorney Andrew Wallet.
In 2019, when Wallet resigned as a co-conservator, Spear's father became the sole conservator.
In August 2020, Ingham filed to have Jamie Spears removed as the conservator of Spear's $59 million estate.
In November 2020, the judge appointed Bessemer Trust as a co-conservator with Jamie Spears.
Last month, Ingham argued that Spear's father should be permanently replaced with Jodi Montgomery as a co-conservator.
The conservatorship has prompted some fans to start the #FreeBritney movement with some thinking that Spears is being controlled and manipulated.
In February, The New York Times released a Hulu documentary called "Framing Britney Spears," which reigning conversations on Spear's conservatorship, but the artists did not directly address it.
Jamie Spears' attorney Vivian Thoreen told CNN that he hopes the conservatorship ends.
- Best portable room heaters in India
- Best nose pins for those without piercing in India
- Best high speed blenders in India
- G7 leaders favour CBDCs provided they ‘support and do no harm’ to central banks
- India's farmers protest takes a gruesome turn with a chilling murder at the scene — here’s the sequence of events
- India T20 World cup Jersey
- Photo Editors Apps
- Advantage Club Hiring
- Best Indian Companies
- Dussehra Messages
- Punit Goenka
- Motorola Edge 20 Mobile
- Google TV stick vs Amazon Fire TV stick
- Oneplus 9rt smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy M52 review
- Nykaa IPO
- India Coal Crisis
- iPhone 13 vs iPhone 13 mini
- IRCTC Share price
- Maximum Sixes
- Tata Sons