Check out the $3,500 custom keyboard built for one of the biggest 'Fortnite' streamers on Twitch
- Popular "Fortnite" Twitch streamer Tfue got a new keyboard, and it costs $3,500.
- It was built by a YouTube and Twitch creator called Tae Ha Kim who streams himself reviewing and building custom keyboards.
- They keyboard is made of aluminum and stainless steel, and is built with high-quality parts, some of which you won't find on pre-built keyboards. Mix that with the fact it's a one-off, and you have yourself one expensive keyboard.
- You can watch Kim build the keyboard while talking through the process. You can also hear what the $3,500 keyboard sounds like.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
For most people, keyboards are afterthoughts. But not for the discerning PC gamers.
Keyboards, specifically mechanical keyboards, are tools of the trade for PC gamers, especially for those like "Fortnite" streamer Turner Tenney, who goes by the Tfue tag. Squishy, wobbly office keyboards simply won't do.
Tfue's latest keyboard is a custom model built by YouTube and Twitch creator Tae Ha Kim, who streams himself building and reviewing mechanical keyboards. This keyboard demanded 3,500 of Tfue's dollars.
Yep, a $3,500 keyboard.
What could possibly make a keyboard cost $3,500? What does it sound like? Check it out to find out:
The keyboard was built by Tae Ha Kim, who is known for his mechanical keyboard-focused YouTube and Twitch channels, "Taeha Types."
The keyboard's casing is made with aluminum and stainless steel by specialist keyboard company Keycult.
It features a special part that you won't find on any pre-built keyboard, Kim said.
Apart from the gasket, Kim said that things like the aluminum, steel, high-quality parts, design, manufacturing, and the fact that it's a one-off make up the keyboard's $3,500 total price tag.
After some assembly, soldering, and testing throughout the process, Tfue's custom $3,500 keyboard is ready.
And if you want to know what it's like to type on a $3,500 custom built keyboard, specifically one designed for Tfue, this is probably the closest you're going to get.
You can also check out Tfue's own reaction to his new keyboard, and watch him play a few rounds of "Fortnite" with it:
- India's foreign exchange reserves fall to $573 bn
- India's retail inflation dropped below 7% in July for the first time in four months
- Samsung announces Galaxy Watch5 Series with sleep tracking and IR temperature sensor
- India's exports rose to $36 billion in July; trade deficit almost triples
- Rupee, bond yield ends almost flat ahead of the long weekend