Fans are flooding Kim Kardashian's Instagram with comments asking her to denounce Balenciaga amid holiday ad campaign scandal
- Kim Kardashian's social media followers are asking her to denounce Balenciaga.
- Commenters are questioning the reality star's relationship with the fashion house amid its latest holiday ad campaign.
Kim Kardashian's fans are asking her to speak out against Balenciaga after the brand was accused of sexualizing children in its latest holiday ad campaign.
Comments on the reality star's most recent Instagram posts are filled with questions about her relationship with the luxury label as of Saturday. Kardashian frequently wears Balenciaga to major events and in the past was prominently featured in several of the brand's campaigns.
The Skims founder posted a photo of herself wearing a shirt from Balenciaga's collaboration with Adidas on Instagram Tuesday. As of Saturday, many of the top comments on the post are about the fashion house.
"Condemn balenciaga have you seen their ads? You have 4 kids!" one user wrote in the comments.
On Tuesday Balenciaga apologized for the ads, which featured children holding teddy bear bags accessorized with bondage gear. Documents referencing a Supreme Court ruling that upheld a law that criminalizes child sexual abuse images were also used in the images.
"We sincerely apologize for any offense our holiday campaign may have caused. Our plush bear bags should not have been featured with children in this campaign," the brand said in a statement shared on social media, adding that it removed the images from all platforms and strongly condemns the "abuse of children in any form."
Kardashian's followers continued to comment about Balenciaga on Instagram photos of her sleeping children and her brand's holiday sales. After she shared a post Friday about visiting a juvenile detention center with Tristan Thompson for a "friendsgiving" meal, fans accused her of being silent on this issue.
"Would like to see a comment about balenciaga before seeing this. Your silence on this is topic deafening," one comment read.
"I see more comments about you supporting a pedophilic fashion line than people congratulating on your lame thanksgiving. Why don't you speak up instead of trying to ignore it?" another commenter wrote.
Representatives for Kardashian did not immediately respond to Insider's request for comment.
- Budget 2023 gives a boost to artificial intelligence – government to set up three centers of excellence
- Mukesh Ambani overtakes Gautam Adani as the richest Indian on the Forbes Real-Time Billionaires List
- Startups incorporated till March 2024 to get income tax benefits: FM
- Union Budget 2023: National Digital Library is government’s tech solution to provide education to all
- Best 43-inch smart TVs under ₹30,000 for 2023